New P3-AT For Christmas

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by johndeeere1979, Dec 28, 2007.

1. johndeeere1979

johndeeere1979 New Member

Dec 28, 2007
    I got a new kel tec .380 for christmas from my loving wife.  I had no idea i was getting it.  My friend who is City Policeman in Wheeling Wv, has this gun and recommended it to my wife.  this little thing seems pretty sweet.  i fired 40 rounds any recomendations on what i should do. should i fluff and buff it or what.  I already went to the local leather shop and started to make a few pocket holsters. I think i came up with one i like.  
    Thanks for any recommendations.

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    welcome to KTOG and congrates on the present.

the first recomendations would be field strip, clean it, grease the slide and hammer. Then shoot it. the trigger takes a lttle to get use to. It must be released all the way OR you will get a light strike

3. ClayMan

ClayMan New Member

Dec 15, 2007
    When I first got my P3AT, all I did was take it out of the box, used a little RemOil to lube it, and shot it. Haven't done a fluff and buff or anything. I've cleaned it a few times and the only issue I've had was my own fault. Since I only shoot new non-corrosive ammo, I'm pretty lazy with cleaning my gun. So, I hadn't really paid attention to squirting some RemOil in the firing pin and I ended up having some light primer stikes (didn't hit it hard enough to ignite it) because the firing pin had gotten gummed up. Plus, I had been shooting some Wolf ammo which is pretty dirty. So, if your gun is like mine, just shoot it and keep it clean and lube the firing pin!

My issue is really a good endorsement for KT...I had pretty much neglected it and it fired many rounds (probably over 100 or so rounds of dirty ammo) without cleaning/lubing before I started having any issues...