Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Let us know how it operates after the work on it, OK? It seems like not all that many folks are having "won't fee" issues. Just my luck to have bought one that refuses to work. I think I will call them today since I have heard nothing on my repair.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Just received the gun back! The service notes indicate that they polished the feed ramp (which was nice but probably unnecessary) and update the mag catch with the newest revision - almost certainly the real fix. All three magazines loaded more easily and all three feed and function exactly as they should with the cheapest ammo I have on hand. More testing is required with different brands to establish which is acceptable for carry, but I'm going to declare my pistol good to go.

Based on the timestamps on the service notifications I received, it took about 15 minutes from the start of work to the end of testing. This leads me to believe that they are aware of the problem in general and have standard procedures for handling this issue, everything was very efficient. If your P17 is having similar issues, don't hesitate to contact them about it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks Daekar for the update. I have now received a notice that my P 17 is being shipped. And, like you, based on the work order time stamp and the "fixed" time stamp, it took only a few minutes to fix it. Agree that it must be a general problem and they know how to fix the batch that you and I bought out of. Meanwhile, I got my CP 33 back and shot 5 mags through it and it is back to working perfectly. They more or less did a total overhaul of the upper part of the pistol. My wife will be very happy as she loves the CP 33.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got my repaired P 17 back last week (in due to failure to feed 100% of the time). I loaded up the mags with Rem Thunderbolts as these are the rounds that my CP33 LOVES. When I racked the first magazine, the nose of the bullet stuck in the feed ramp as before. I partly re-racked and the bullet then went in the chamber. I fired the pistol and all of the rest of the rounds worked just fine with zero issues. So, I put in the second magazine and the very same thing happened, Failure to load the first round, then, all the rest worked perfectly. Third mag, the very same issue. I then reloaded all three mags and all six times, the first round got stuck in the feed ramp then all the rest worked fine. I brought the gun home very ticked off since it had been "repaired" for this very issue. Noting that Keltec test fired it with CCI Mini Mags, I loaded up one magazine with them as well as one mag with Federal Auto Match and the third one with Wildcats. All are 40 grn lr high capacity--just like the Thunderbolts. Guess what. All three mags worked perfectly! It looks like the P17 will not work properly with Thunderbolts but it is fine with other brands. Weird but that is how my experiment went. When working, both my wife and I love this pistol. Now, The CP33 AND the P17 are the wife's favorite pistols. Will post further only if the failure to feed starts up again. Will shoot it more Thursday.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I got my repaired P 17 back last week (in due to failure to feed 100% of the time). I loaded up the mags with Rem Thunderbolts as these are the rounds that my CP33 LOVES. When I racked the first magazine, the nose of the bullet stuck in the feed ramp as before. I partly re-racked and the bullet then went in the chamber. I fired the pistol and all of the rest of the rounds worked just fine with zero issues. So, I put in the second magazine and the very same thing happened, Failure to load the first round, then, all the rest worked perfectly. Third mag, the very same issue. I then reloaded all three mags and all six times, the first round got stuck in the feed ramp then all the rest worked fine. I brought the gun home very ticked off since it had been "repaired" for this very issue. Noting that Keltec test fired it with CCI Mini Mags, I loaded up one magazine with them as well as one mag with Federal Auto Match and the third one with Wildcats. All are 40 grn lr high capacity--just like the Thunderbolts. Guess what. All three mags worked perfectly! It looks like the P17 will not work properly with Thunderbolts but it is fine with other brands. Weird but that is how my experiment went. When working, both my wife and I love this pistol. Now, The CP33 AND the P17 are the wife's favorite pistols. Will post further only if the failure to feed starts up again. Will shoot it more Thursday.
Thunderbolt is all my p17 shots reliably.
Go figure. I mean mine will shoot the others brands but the thinderbolt os uber reliable.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts