Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
What brand and grain? CCI mini mags 40 grain high velocity never jam also do your bullets feel like there wax coated?
I can't remember, I know it was several different types of ammo and it just couldn't get past 2 or 3 rounds without jamming up...I just don't have the time or energy anymore to 'fix' stuff...either it works right in the first place or it's gone. Two trips to Florida is enough. FedEx brought it back today and it's already listed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can't remember, I know it was several different types of ammo and it just couldn't get past 2 or 3 rounds without jamming up...I just don't have the time or energy anymore to 'fix' stuff...either it works right in the first place or it's gone. Two trips to Florida is enough. FedEx brought it back today and it's already listed.
Two trips to Florida?

·
Registered
12 Posts
NO! You should NEVER have to do ANYthing except load a new handgun!! If you do the gun is junk and shouldn't even be used. Don't listen to the teardown people at ALL!
I own a lot of guns and the only gun I purchased where the owners manual recommends cleaning prior to shooting the first time is the M&P AR15. I I run a minimum of 500 rounds before cleaning

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I fired mine right out of box had no issue. It worked much better second time around with good cleaning and lube. My lcpii ran like crap 1st range trip out of box. Went home ckeand and lubed. Second range session ran like a champ and had been smooth ever since.
My p17s began to have issues. Ckesned them polished recommended surfaces and they are running great.

Your mileage may vary but why not do due diligence and have a great first outing .

Oh by the way uplula mag loader

·
Registered
123 Posts
Wow, was hoping it was going to work out for you Bear. I do not disagree, have done the same with more that a few firearms that did not meet my expectations. I am not an expert gunsmith, but have been lucky enough to rarely have to send one to the factory that I could not repair....two trips back and that would be enough for me to do the same as you have done.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I guess I'm the odd duck in this thread. I've never cleaned a new one and never had an issue. ☠ The earth still spins and life goes on.
Ditto. In fact, it seems that if you strip to the small fragile parts unnecessarily, you might break small fragile parts.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts