Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
New P17 Christmas 2022 - basic black
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my new P17 December 28 and was very excited to shoot this past Friday. I shot 250 Aguila rounds with very little hesitation, but mine shoots WAY left.

I have a decent grip because I've been shooting for many years and was taught by my Expert Marksman Policeman Grandaddy, so when I verified yesterday with a friend that it was shooting way left with him, too, after shooting well with his Ruger SR22, I knew I better talk to Kel Tec.

The rear sights were extremely loose both elevation and windage, so after explaining my case, Lynne at Kel Tec is planning to send a new slide cover.

I didn't expect to even hear back from them today, so I am very impressed. Hopefully I'll be even more impressed when I replace the slide cover!

Thanks for letting me join here. I'm looking forward to picking up even more insight, and thanks in advance!

· Registered
143 Posts
If all Firearm manufactures has a CS rep like Lynne, 90% of the bad mouthing their products would be eliminated. My P17 was my first KelTec and I was amazed when I spoke to her and asked question and how to buy some extra ..."Just in case" parts. The P-17 is still one of my favorite firearms even though it is my least expensive semi auto firearm I own. Lynne is a large part I think of why...she told me the truth about the most complaints and which parts I should pay close attention to and maybe clean and polish often.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If all Firearm manufactures has a CS rep like Lynne, 90% of the bad mouthing their products would be eliminated. My P17 was my first KelTec and I was amazed when I spoke to her and asked question and how to buy some extra ..."Just in case" parts. The P-17 is still one of my favorite firearms even though it is my least expensive semi auto firearm I own. Lynne is a large part I think of why...she told me the truth about the most complaints and which parts I should pay close attention to and maybe clean and polish often.
I completely agree. I make a point to let people know when they go beyond expectations, and I certainly can sing her praises.

· Registered
107 Posts
I bought my new P17 December 28 and was very excited to shoot this past Friday. I shot 250 Aguila rounds with very little hesitation, but mine shoots WAY left.

I have a decent grip because I've been shooting for many years and was taught by my Expert Marksman Policeman Grandaddy, so when I verified yesterday with a friend that it was shooting way left with him, too, after shooting well with his Ruger SR22, I knew I better talk to Kel Tec.

The rear sights were extremely loose both elevation and windage, so after explaining my case, Lynne at Kel Tec is planning to send a new slide cover.

I didn't expect to even hear back from them today, so I am very impressed. Hopefully I'll be even more impressed when I replace the slide cover!

Thanks for letting me join here. I'm looking forward to picking up even more insight, and thanks in advance!
I had the SAME problem.
Shoots WAY left.
Guess I should call them too but I want to take it out one more time and make sure I'm just not scrubbing it up with such a light tool.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had the SAME problem.
Shoots WAY left.
Guess I should call them too but I want to take it out one more time and make sure I'm just not scrubbing it up with such a light tool.
I received a new slide cover from Lynne at Kel Tec, and I took it out with a Caldwell Matrix gun rest Monday. From 10 yards it was pretty doggone close to the bullseye, so I think it's set now. See if they can send you another slide cover, and try it in a gun rest if possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts