New P-3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by finnfur, Mar 12, 2008.

1. finnfur

finnfur New Member

Feb 5, 2008
    I did it New PF-9 and P-3AT. Add to the big brother P-40 and Lil' Sister P-32. Plan to move the P-3AT to my carry and wife to get the P-32. Wife says" Happy Fathers Day" and I said "Happy Mothers day your getting the P-32". Well , I'm off to the F&B fine tune dept and hope to shoot end of week.

2. eduk8tor

eduk8tor New Member

Feb 10, 2008
    You'll have to give us a full report on how they do, I'm surprised at how many people I know in my area who have these little guys, good luck on the weekend! :)

3. Tom_the_roofer

Tom_the_roofer New Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Good luck with the new pistols.  :) Can't wait to here the range report.

Tom

4. finnfur

finnfur New Member

Feb 5, 2008
    F&B today on the P-3AT and off to the range. Fired 50 rounds of Magtech 95gr FMC. 21 feet / 2 clips / slow shoot / everything in 6" group close to center. Two clips/ hurried fire/ 12 in 9" group and two at top but in paper[8x11]. Hurried fire shoots in the 3 o'clock > 6 o'clock quadrant . Must be me. NO failure on fire or extraction.
    Spent casing we bouncing on top of my head and hat brim. Not sure they may have been hitting top of overhead canopy [2'] and bouncing down . Will determine that next shoot with a spotter. Only issue I have with the gun is sites. With my old eyes they are much to hard to pick up against the parkerized slide. I much prefer my P-32 sights which are easier to see marked yellow against the blued slide. Circle on a Square is easy to pickup.
    Not complaining its A-OK

[​IMG]
    "Katie"

Hope to F&B the PF-9 tomorrow

TOM

5. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    Top of head casing hits are not uncommon under cover.  It does seem to eject up and backwards more than sideways.

;)

6. hotwheels

hotwheels Guest

That slide appears to be hard chrome or similar rather than parkerized. If you paint the rear site black, it might be easier to distinguish the front site...

7. finnfur

finnfur New Member

Feb 5, 2008
    My theory on ejection hits were in that order. They were not hard just distracting. I have also changed the front site color to yellow since the PIC . This matches my P-32 front site.
    Thanks for the info.

TOM
    P>S> Just posted on another thread about HC/Parkerized. Guess I got a better deal than I thought !

8. theheater905

theheater905 New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Finnfur, sounds like you almost have the whole family. The P11 will make it complete.

9. finnfur

finnfur New Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Shhhhhhh! That might be birthday. She doesn't know it yet [LOL]

10. finnfur

finnfur New Member

Feb 5, 2008
    When doing the test shoot trigger seemed to hang / bind just before release. killing time this weekend I disassembled to polish trigger slide and other parts. I don't follow directions well and drove out wrong pin. >:( Gee it took me 2 hours to get the hammer block and spring back in. Polished her all up back together and pull on trigger is much smoother now. :) Hope to re shoot tomorrow.

11. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Another thing to do is to remove the firing pin ans spring and clean that hole out, I always find some metal shavings in them.

12. finnfur

finnfur New Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Thanks Sprinter. I'll do that on next take down. I took her with big sister PF-9 to range today to try Rem Golden Sabers in her., She ate them with flying colors . In fact accuracy may be better than the range loads. [ The PF-9 rejected them however. A hang up on every other shot] I now feel confident with her and KATIE will be my new up close and personal cc. Little sis P32 will go to wife.
    I'm happy
    Tom

13. artimus_prime

artimus_prime New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Central FL
    hey sprinter, do you have a step by step for removing the firing pin?

14. Firing pin is simple:

Remove Fraken Bolt that holds extractor spring.

Use caution and make sure the firing pin does not come flying out.

The firing pin is held captive by the franken bolt.

I am off to find the link and will edit post when I find it for you.

15. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    That sounds like the type of info that should be in the FAQ/VIPs

Oh, it is,,,in the technical post
    "..an easy way to disassemble a P3AT 2nd gen. slide? " ;)

16. artimus_prime

artimus_prime New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Central FL
    This is why I love you guys! :)