Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I bought a new P 3AT. Chrome slide. I had a LCP but I sold it last week because I started to see rust. So far I've added a little Scherer grip extention and a Hogue rubber grip cover. I wrapped the grip with tape before I put the Hogue on so I've given the grip a "palm swell" that fits my hand better. I don't like the plastic mag release. I noticed a mention of aftermarket parts for this gun. Can you direct me to that site please. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome, and info. If I had any sense I would have read forum rules and regs.. I'm 62 and I have had P11's since they first came out. I bought a KT .32 (SER # under 600) and it was a disappointment. I recently sold my P11 and bought a PF 9. The LCP's will probably be O.K. once they chrome the slide. I generally carry a S&W 442 in my pocket in the summer. It's kind of uncomfortable though. So I thought I'd try the .380. Thanks again.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Sorry to hear you sold a very first production P32, but I guest having the "first" is not a plus if you just want something reliable to carry ;)

It seems as if the P3ATs being produced now are pretty good right out off the box, but a good cleaning with emphasise on polishing machining marks, then a good lube always help.

besure to use a lube heaver than oil. the norm is grease (but I've had good luck with pariffin base)

G

·
As an owner of an LCP, I had written a letter to Ruger last year to see if they had any future plans to have them available in HC, and offer any different color grip frames??? ( Since they copied everything else)

Their reply was No. Too far behind on orders to offer different finishes/colors. For what it's worth, my p3at has been more reliable than the lcp, that's why it's my CCW.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had written off the Ruger and KT .380's due to my experience with the PPK. Recoil on that gun is unacceptable (to me). I believe the felt recoil from the PPK is greater than a KT .380 due to the much larger slide mass on the PPK. At any rate my accuracy with the KT and LCP format is better than with a PPK. The LCP I owned did show some finish wear and beginnings of rust after 4 months of pocket carry sans holster. Firearms with metal mags and plastic catches seem to experience problems in that area. I note my recent purchase PF9 has a steel catch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.