New P 3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by bignugly, Jul 26, 2009.

1. bignugly

bignugly New Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Yesterday I bought a new P 3AT. Chrome slide. I had a LCP but I sold it last week because I started to see rust. So far I've added a little Scherer grip extention and a Hogue rubber grip cover. I wrapped the grip with tape before I put the Hogue on so I've given the grip a "palm swell" that fits my hand better. I don't like the plastic mag release. I noticed a mention of aftermarket parts for this gun. Can you direct me to that site please. Thanks.

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005

3. pedro

pedro New Member

May 28, 2008
    Welcome to KTOG. :cool:

4. frankalm

frankalm New Member

May 29, 2009
    Welcome to KTOG bignugly......once you get your 25 post you will be have the ability to see and buy so much more. Good luck

5. lee4019

lee4019 New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Howdy from NC! I'm breakin-in my P3 and it has worked perfect so far!

6. bignugly

bignugly New Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Thanks for the welcome, and info. If I had any sense I would have read forum rules and regs.. I'm 62 and I have had P11's since they first came out. I bought a KT .32 (SER # under 600) and it was a disappointment. I recently sold my P11 and bought a PF 9. The LCP's will probably be O.K. once they chrome the slide. I generally carry a S&W 442 in my pocket in the summer. It's kind of uncomfortable though. So I thought I'd try the .380. Thanks again.

7. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Sorry to hear you sold a very first production P32, but I guest having the "first" is not a plus if you just want something reliable to carry ;)

It seems as if the P3ATs being produced now are pretty good right out off the box, but a good cleaning with emphasise on polishing machining marks, then a good lube always help.

besure to use a lube heaver than oil. the norm is grease (but I've had good luck with pariffin base)

8. morganfd9

morganfd9 Guest

As an owner of an LCP, I had written a letter to Ruger last year to see if they had any future plans to have them available in HC, and offer any different color grip frames??? ( Since they copied everything else)

Their reply was No. Too far behind on orders to offer different finishes/colors. For what it's worth, my p3at has been more reliable than the lcp, that's why it's my CCW.

9. bignugly

bignugly New Member

Jul 26, 2009
    I had written off the Ruger and KT .380's due to my experience with the PPK. Recoil on that gun is unacceptable (to me). I believe the felt recoil from the PPK is greater than a KT .380 due to the much larger slide mass on the PPK. At any rate my accuracy with the KT and LCP format is better than with a PPK. The LCP I owned did show some finish wear and beginnings of rust after 4 months of pocket carry sans holster. Firearms with metal mags and plastic catches seem to experience problems in that area. I note my recent purchase PF9 has a steel catch.