New P-3AT Owner

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by TaskForceT, Jul 5, 2008.

1. TaskForceT

TaskForceT New Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Took a stroll through the local gun shop last week and I noticed a fresh batch of KelTec P-3ATs and decided to pick one up.

I got it home and showed it to my wife. She looked at it and said, "It's a Barbie gun. Barbie could fit it in her car. If it makes you feel better, we'll refer to it as the Ken gun." Women. ::)

Out of the box I found PMC FMJ ammo to be completely reliable (200 rounds so far). WWB had one failure to feed and Wolf was absolutely horrific. I've never come so close to throwing ammo in the trash.

While cleaning it I did a light version of the fluff & buff. Thanks for the info!

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Congrates on getting the P3AT

and welcome to KTOG

3. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    That is very typical. Give it to someone with a Makarov in 380. That stuff is designed for Comblock guns. It will run in service sized guns but these ultralights don't like it, and it is hard on them. Definately not recommended for any Kel-tecs, IMHO.

4. gpr

gpr New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    north palm beach
    welcome........ :)......gpr

5. jpaul

jpaul Member

Apr 23, 2008
    Welcome to the forum,,,,even if you do have a Barbie gun. ;)

6. blueyednd

blueyednd New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Well written, informative and funny. All the things a post should have. Congrats on the new GI JOE gun ;D

7. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Welcome aboard! Continued best with your new P3AT.

8. Does you wife want one painted PINK?

Ken and Barbie packing! That is great.

9. CCWMan

CCWMan New Member

Aug 5, 2005
    Welcome to the board.

Tell your wife the P3-AT shoots the same cartridge that James Bond used in his PPK in the original books by Ian Fleming. Of course the P3 is lighter and even smaller than a PPK so Bond undoubtedly would have packed one if he had lived long enough.

10. whit101

whit101 New Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Monday fired 130 rounds of Wolf ammo. Not 1 problem. But, I'd rather be lucky than smart. Bought th P3AT new last week, about 200 rounds. Problems:

1 Poor eye sight yet usually put about 5 of 7 shoots on the torso at 30 feet..yea close, I know. I'm working on it.

2 NO miss feed or mis-fires, at times I could not cycle the action clean & snappy, had to rechamber a round, my fault.

3 Gun works! And the bullet goes where you point it.

Sorry, I just not the techie.

I still need to reduce the pull Lbs of the trigger.....any suggestion.

Whit101

11. DaveNC

DaveNC Active Member

Mar 7, 2008
    2 pistol packer makes a kit for the the P3AT that replaces your FP, hammer spring, FP spring. Just check the members file for his name to get his email address and drop him line or two. I just ordered mine tonight.

12. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    Welcome to the forum."barbie gun" haven't heard that one before :)

John

13. eng23ine

eng23ine New Member

Jun 24, 2006
    You should let the wife shoot your P3 a few times and then see what she says about it.

I'm betting that she will want one of her own.

14. rwschill

rwschill New Member

Feb 24, 2008
    I have also had good luck with the PMC 380 ammo- good price also.