New P-3AT owner and new KTOG member

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by DuaneC, Nov 19, 2008.

1. DuaneC

DuaneC New Member

Nov 19, 2008
    I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi to everybody.

I have been looking for a pocket gun for CC. I narrowed my choices down to the P-3AT and the Ruger LCP. It seems that the Kel-Tec brand invokes a love/hate response. You either love them or hate them. I did a lot of searching the net to gather as much information as I could. I decided on the P-3AT for a couple major reasons. The reviews and help I found on KTOG and the fact that I live close to Cocoa - the home of Kel-tec.

I purchased a P-3AT yesterday at the local gun shop. This weekend I will do a clean and lube before heading to the range. I will post my experiences after that.

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Welcome to KTOG and congrates on getting the P3AT

3. tommyray

tommyray New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Duane, welcome to KTOG. We look forward to hearing about your first range experience. Enjoy your new little friend.
    tr

4. dbfxdm

dbfxdm New Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Welcome to a fellow Floridian - there seems to be a lot of us here. Great choice on a local product.

5. dyno

dyno New Member

May 21, 2007
    I wish I lived near Cocoa!

Welcome to KTOG :)

6. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Welcome and congrats on the purchase. You made the right choice!

7. Cubriver_Kid

Cubriver_Kid New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Welcome DC,

Go tryer out, you may want more... ;)

CK

8. pedro

pedro New Member

May 28, 2008
  9. swatz

swatz New Member

Feb 1, 2008
    Welcome! It has become one of my favorite guns to carry due to its size..I do not feel under gunned with it and 2 magazines of DPX..I am waiting on a belt clip to see how I like carrying that way :)
    Steve

10. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    Welcomt to the forums..

John

11. ElBoricua

ElBoricua New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Welcome to KTOG from WPB Fl.

12. tommyray

tommyray New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Swatz, Have you read the threads on belt clips? There are varied opinions on the safety of carrying loaded on a belt clip. Might want to check it out if you haven't.
    tr

13. tweed

tweed New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    i have a varied opinion on belt clips... dont use them... please see my signature...

ok this makes 20 post think i can get it to 25 yet tonight ???

14. Glasstream15

Glasstream15 New Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Welcome from The Great Northeast.

Northeast Florida that is. And you'll love that little pocket gun.

15. Iexpedite08

Iexpedite08 New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    I think the 1st Generation had some issues but my 2nd gen was ready to go out of the box. It is nice to have this group of experienced people if anything ever does go wrong. The trials and tribulations of the 1st gen made them experts.

16. cm

cm New Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Trenton, MI.
    Hi Glasstream.
    I took basic training at camp Blaining in 1944.
    40 miles from Jacksonville,  Northeast FL.
    Charlie.

17. Cortty

Cortty New Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Welcome from Chuluota, FL. 30 miles from Cocoa.

18. ralpho1

ralpho1 New Member

Jan 7, 2008
    Welcome. I used to be a Floridian in the sixties, and soon may again, as I'm triyng to decide if I want to be Gulf coast north or south.

The gun is a good one for it's design and I wouldn't hesitate to depend on it. Some of us read too much on these threads and consequently read too much into em. I have a second gen and have only had a couple of "getting settled" problems. Had a recoil spring prob just after purchase, but KT sent the new stuff in a coupla days and it was back on the road. I also did the hammer block mod, not so much cause it needed it, but just a piece of mind thing. The nice thing is that I have more of a familiarity with the gun now, as it is no longer this mysterious piece of plastic. I carry it daily, and BTW I own an LCP.

19. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Welcome to KTOG from the Heart of America. John

20. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    DC,

A Connecticut Yankee welcomes you aboard.

Funny how I say I prefer to carry my Glock 26 but turns out that for near 100% of my warm weather carry and perhaps 80% of my cold weather carry it is one of my P3ATs that I don't leave home without!!!

Take care...