Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2G P-3AT, completed F&B, well lubed, clean. Using three or four quality brands of ammo I have experienced the following per trip to the range:

First 50 rounds 2 FTE
next 70 rounds 6 FTE
next 50 rounds 6 FTE
next 100 rounds 4 FTE
next 25 rounds 1 FTE
Last 55 rounds today 4 FTE

Most FTE seemed to be the spent casing jamming back against the new round trying to travel into the carrier. Dropping the mag and pulling back on the slide discharges the jam.

My question is: Is this considered normal operation for a new gun with 300 rounds through it?

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Re: New P-3AT  FTE Issues

It is hard to say... most have no problem...
the few that have problems, most wear in or the problem corrected within a couple hundred...

If you are still having problems, there is something that needs fixing.

a rough surface, an oversize something, or the shooter.

What you discribed sounds like the spent round is coming out and going to far down, possibly hitting the mouth of the next round, the extractor pulls off, and the slide picks up the next round.

this could be a worn or loose extractor.

the spent round being forced to far down could be caused by the barrel's upper chamber dimensions. Some have made a slight opening, the Flyer Hood Mod

·
Registered
44 Posts

Compare the breech area of your slide with the BulletTime slide pic at http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=104;action=display;num=1166479845;start=15 .

My original slide looked exactly like that, and I had many intermittant fte's.
Mack

saila22 said:
2G P-3AT, completed F&B, well lubed, clean. Using three or four quality brands of ammo I have experienced the following per trip to the range:

First 50 rounds 2 FTE
next 70 rounds 6 FTE
next 50 rounds 6 FTE
next 100 rounds 4 FTE
next 25 rounds 1 FTE
Last 55 rounds today 4 FTE

Most FTE seemed to be the spent casing jamming back against the new round trying to travel into the carrier. Dropping the mag and pulling back on the slide discharges the jam.

My question is: Is this considered normal operation for a new gun with 300 rounds through it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Took it out today and fired 45 rounds while really focusing on keeping upward hand/wrist movement to a minimum.........no FTE's!!!

Checked all that was suggested prior to heading out, everything looked good as fas as the gun, so at this point I'm thinking it was/is "operator error". Will keep focusing on the locked wrist position and see how I do next time.

Thanks for the help!!

Saila22

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts

That's better. 8)

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
saila22 said:
Took it out today and fired 45 rounds while really focusing on keeping upward hand/wrist movement to a minimum.........no FTE's!!!
I find that finger extensions on my extra magazines are a big benefit. I’m less likely to limpwrist with finger extensions.

Wilson – who’s also a clean & lub every 50 rounds guy too ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.