New P-3AT for $275

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by edsdan, Feb 11, 2009.

1. edsdan

edsdan New Member

Jan 3, 2009
    After searching fro weeks, I finally found a new P-3AT. Very, very happy. I could have bought the LCP or some other pocket type pistol, but I think for what I want as a daily carry, this is the best. Here are my next steps and some questions please.

1. Would like to try some different ammo, but don't really want to go out and buy 8 different brands. Can someone recommend good target loads and some good daily carry loads? A couple of each would be great.
    2. I am going to get an Uncle Mike holster, but I have heard different numbers. Which one works with the P3AT.
    3. I want a laser. From what I have seen, I think the Crimson Trace is best. Agree?
    4. I will also get the gun parkerized/chromed. I found a guy on this site that does this. Question. Should I break in the gun with my 200 rounds and then send it off or do this immediately.

Sorry if I am babbling. I am just so so so happy that I found one.

Thanks. is advance.

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Congratulations and welcome. Of your questions you will find many many different answers. And there are extensive threads debating most of them so enjoy spending some time looking around here.

My opinions:

1: Different pistols like different ammos. Some like WWB. Most like AE FMJ. Almost all like DPX if you want to carry HPs.
    2. I wouldn't bother. I would get a Pocket Pal holster from www.concealmentconceptsholsters.com (a guy here sells them in the Trading Post for a bit cheaper once you have 25 posts) or the Desantis Nemesis while you wait for your best holsters from www.kdholsters.com to come in.
    3. Nope. I happen to prefer www.armalaser.com. Lots of posts on this one.
    4. Shoot it first before you decide what to do. On the odd chance it has to go back to momma for a repair they won't necessarily replace anything but your original blue barrel and slide. Make sure you know you are keeping it and it works perfect for you before you send it out. But then you will have come to rely on it so you will have to buy another to have while you send this one out - and I am NOT joking on that.

-Scott

3. Nexttime

Nexttime New Member

Dec 5, 2008
    My new P3AT likes American Eagle and Blaze Brass .380. I had no problems at all right out of the box. Hope that helps.

4. diamond_jim

diamond_jim New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Mine has had a perfect record with Rem MC's for target, and Rem Golden Sabres for carry, at least 500 rds. of the combination. I now carry Hornady Critical Defense in winter, but mine will take any and all. I like CT lasers and have them on both my carry P3AT and my back up P32, with galco pocket holsters. One of the reasons I got the P32, never mind, I just wanted another one. The main thing is to fluff and buff, lube, and grease, then shoot, shoot, shoot. Great little weapons. Congrats on your wise decision.  Jim  <><

5. abuck50

abuck50 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2008
    NW Ohio
    Hi

Mine likes the American Eagle FMJ and WWB FMJ. I use those for practice most. Remington UMC is ok but after about 50 rounds through a new gun it might start jamming cause they are so dirty!

I love my Crimson Trace. I have no experience with the Arma Laser.

Craig

6. YooperP3at

YooperP3at New Member

Oct 12, 2008
    1. For practice rounds...mine eats it all up.. FMJ from walmart or dunhams sports. Even the Blazers for $11.00/bx. I even shot a box of reloads i ran across w/ no prob. Haven't seen any accuracy difference from fmj's for practice.
    Carry rounds: I've been carrying and shooting Corbon 90gr. hp. and also the Hyrdra-Shoks.
    Everyone has their favorites. Seen lots of people using DPX and the new critical defense latley ( i just havent tried those yet.)

2. I got the Desantis Nemesis pocket holster from Cabela's ($25.00) right away and use it daily. It's the only one i use. Fits in frt. pocket nicely...also fits in jacket pocket in this holster. (I use uncle mikes holster for my P11...too big for pocket)

3. No laser for me....keepin the gun small and light. Did put a front sight on it.

4. Left mine black. mines a daily carry gun not for show.

Nicest gun for daily carry...almost forget its there.

7. edsdan

edsdan New Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Hey guys thanks for the quick response. All of you are extremely helpful.

On the Desantis Nemesis.... what model fits the P3AT? When i was at the gun store today, I recall seeing a lot of different models.

8. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Uncle Mike's size 1 for the P-3AT. I carry Remington Golden Sabres. They feed perfect, better than the target ammo I have tried.

9. YooperP3at

YooperP3at New Member

Oct 12, 2008
    On the Desantis Nemesis.... The Cabela's catalog list the holster just for the keltec p3at.

on Cabela's web site...just type in "Desantis Nemesis" it's only $19.99
    on the model it list one just for keltec .380

Thats the one i got and its a perfect fit.

10. Kel007

Kel007 New Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Try locally and put in in your pocket so you can get a better feeling. I personally think it is overrated. Mine printed heavily and I ended up modifying it.

11. WyoShooter

WyoShooter New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    The number on my P-3AT Nemesis is N38BJG3Z0

For the P-3AT Nemesis w/laser it is N38BJG4Z0

Ed