New Owner

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by fas111, Sep 4, 2010.

1. fas111

fas111 New Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Hello All: Last Saturday I purchased my p-3AT. The first gun I have purchased in over 3o years!! It was a toss up between the LCP and the KT. My decision was made easier because the dealer did not have a LCP in stock. I have researched both and I think they are both great guns. I just love this little thing. I got my CWP over a year ago so I am now trying to get comfortable carrying. I purchased a pocket holster and it is working out well. Took it to the range and fired 30 rounds with no problems at all. It bites a little but not a problem. I was a very active shooter back in the 70s - shooting mostly 22 target guns (Ruger MK1 and Hi Standard Victor). I was also into reloading .45LC, 44MAG, 38 & 357, 9mm) Still have all my guns but have not fired any in over 30 years. I am jumping back in with both feet. This is a great forum, I enjoy it very much. Frank

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    welcome to KTOG and congrates

3. rvehock

rvehock New Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Clearwater, Florida
    Welcome aboard, you will love your KT.

4. MphsTiger1981

MphsTiger1981 New Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Welcome to KTOG Frank!

5. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Hi Frank. Welcome to KTOG and congrats on getting the new gun.

6. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Welcome to the forum!

The P3AT makes a fine SD carry gun when you can't or won't carry anything larger. Great also as a BUG when you are carrying something else as primary.

Bill K.

7. clint_lnl

clint_lnl New Member

May 30, 2010
    N C
    welcome aboard Frank, same here was a toss up between a LCP or a P3AT. but with the help from everyone here it was hands down a P3AT for me and I could not be happier. after 100 + rds and not 1 problem its now my everyday pocket carry gun.

8. Seahawk60

Seahawk60 New Member

Aug 30, 2010

Why?

9. fas111

fas111 New Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Lived in NY and range closed-nothing close enough. We moved to SC and things were right once again.

10. MphsTiger1981

MphsTiger1981 New Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Funny how so many places up north just seem to go out of their way to make it hard to keep and bear arms. Makes you wonder how they ever won the war of Northern Aggression, doesn't it? Welcome back to Dixie Frank!

11. Seahawk60

Seahawk60 New Member

Aug 30, 2010
    ...I've lived in some pretty red commie states (CT most recently) where there weren't convenient places to shoot.  I still went occasionally.  I also always took stuff when I went back home or on vacation to "gun friendly" states.[reason]I. KEEP IT NICE:[/reason]

12. Seahawk60

Seahawk60 New Member

Aug 30, 2010
    CT still has a pretty restrictive and retarded AWB, but I was pleasantly surprised when it came to handguns.  There is no "approved list" you have to stick to like in MA or CA.  There's no ban on magazine capacity (MD) or hollow points (NJ).  A pistol permit was easy to get and very little restrictions as to where you couldn't carry.  Open carry is "technically legal" because there's nothing in the laws prohibiting it.  And, people did open carry even though they very often got hassled by other citizens and Johnny Law.   "No gun" type signs carried no weight legally and could be ignored.  Still, the overall "feeling" was just that the entire state (i.e. people) was pretty anti-gun.  ....... ::)

13. fas111

fas111 New Member

Aug 28, 2010
    When I lived in NY I even had a FFL and was so into guns. Loved shooting and was very involved, but things change. Many of my shooting buddies moved, wife and I had a new baby and your values just change. Got into scuba diving and it was my passion for years. Guns were always a love but just could not fit them in. Never got rid of any of them and now I am renewing my interest in shooting so go figure. Live is good.
    PS: At 66 I don't have to justify anything. Again---life is good.
    God bless SC

14. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    Stick with that and don't allow yourself to be called out again in here.

My response would have been "nunya".  As in business.  Welcome to the forum.   :)

15. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    fas111, welcome. there never is enough time to do everything is there? and some things need to take a back seat. I have not been to a range to do anything besides the last trip to knob creek in a long time, and I own one......

16. rhinokrk

rhinokrk New Member

Feb 20, 2008
    Welcome back to shooting, and Welcome To The Forum. :cool:

17. fas111

fas111 New Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Thanks for all the good wishes-I am glad to be here!!!!

18. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    Ditto  ;) Welcome on board

RJ, you gotts to go shooting man...

19. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    choices, hunting season or range time......

the body won't take the abuse of both

20. Cadapult

Cadapult New Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Congratulations Frank, on both your getting back into shooting and getting out of NY  ;)  Enjoy!
    Mike