Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I am a new proud owner of a PLR 16. :D Unable to get it locally I had it shipped here to PA from Florida so the local dealer couldn't answer questions. I first noticed a white ring in the end of the barrel. Does that need to be removed? Should I only use brass casings? You should never dry fire it right? Can I put the foregrip on or should a gunsmith do it? What accessories are available for it and where are they sold? Thank you for any infi...I appreciate it...Tom

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
First let me Welcome you to KTOG! I see you have a PLR and not a SU, but that doesn't matter much since the PLR is the pistol version of the SU-16. Let me answer your questions one @ a time.

Hi there I am a new proud owner of a PLR 16. I first noticed a white ring in the end of the barrel. Does that need to be removed?
Thats the chrome lining of the barrel, I don't think you could remove it if you wanted to! Thats a good thing BTW.

Should I only use brass casings?
My personal and Kel-Tecs recommendations is to use good quality american made brass cased ammo only!

You should never dry fire it right?

Most people believe that it will damage the rifle, I believe that repeated and constant dry firing will, occasional D/F will not! If you get some "snap caps" (dummy rounds made for this) you can load one of them in the chamber and dry fire all you want with them.

Can I put the foregrip on or should a gunsmith do it? What accessories are available for it and where are they sold?

You can install a Kel-Tec compact forend very easily, it's available on their website. Their site has had some virus issues as of late, but it seems OK now. http://www.keltecweapons.com/store/plr-16-and-plr-22-accessories/

There is also a company thats sells accessories for the PLR, it's called Red
Lion, here's their site http://redlionprecision.com/1901.html They make some really nice aluminum accessories, they may be a little pricey but high quality and well worth it.

Hope that answered all your questions. Good luck and good shooting.

Bam Bam

1 - 2 of 2 Posts