Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my new p3-at last Thurday. I read the manual (DON'T DRY FIRE!!!). After doing the fluff and buff I took it out to break it in this morning and fired 7 rounds through it (flawlessly I might add). Then i dry fired the gun. The slide did not lock back. After talking to friend he said he thought it should lock back. Have I reassembled something wrong or is this normal? This gun is new 2nd gen P3-AT .380.

Thanks for any help.

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
  Hi! Welcome to KTOG and congrats on your new purchase!

The P-32, P-11 and PF-9 have slide stops. The P3AT does not. If it fired at all and you didn't lose part #115, then you assembled it correctly. The P3AT slide is not meant to lock back, and you must count your shots to avoid dry firing.

Packer.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
57_Delivery said:
I read the manual (DON'T DRY FIRE!!!).
I have a bunch of P-3ATs and all have been “dry fired” many times after the last round. While I wouldn’t sit around "dry firing" them intentionally, I don’t worry about them being damaged by the occasional failure to count rounds correctly.

Wilson – who’s wondering, if there’s a “dry fire”, what’s a “wet fire” :-/

·
Registered
357 Posts
I wish the P-3AT did have a slide lock -

I like the slide to stay back after the last shot.

The S&W M&P has the best system - the slide stays back after the last shot - and when you slap in a fresh magazine the slide automatically closes and loads a round.

I put one in the chamber and a mag with 6 the first time - then I practice double taps or two to the chest one to the head.

Since I always shoot 2,2,2 or 3,3 I almost never have a dry fire. This also saves a little wear on the magazine catch VS loading 7 shooting 7 - because for every magazine loaded into the gun after the first one I get 6 shots.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
z71bill,

I shoot the same way you do (3,3 or 2,2,2), so there is always one left in the chamber during reload.

I also use a mix of FMJ and JHP, so the BG can have a taste of each. ;D

Bobo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.