New Owner of P3AT and  New to Forum

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by palmheel, Sep 30, 2010.

1. palmheel

palmheel New Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Accessories, mag extension and belt clip.

New out of box, remove slide and wiped cleaned, slightly oiled.

1 FTE after 250+ rounds ( 5 consecutive days) fired.

1st. range session- 50 rounds of CCI Blazer 95 GR.TMJ - no malfunctions.

2nd.range session-50 rounds of CCI Blazer 88 GR. JHP - no malfunctions.

3rd. range session-50 rounds of CCI Blazer 95 GR. TMJ - no malfunctions. ( cleaned and oiled.)

4th. range session-50 rounds of CCI Blazer 88 GR. JHP - no malfunctions.

5th. range session-10 rounds of Corbon DPX, 30 of CCI Blazer 95 GR. TMJ and 12 rounds of CCI Blazer
    88 GR. JHP.

FTE occured on last round fired, I was trying to rapid fire as quick as possible, I believe it was limpwrist that caused it.

Every 6 rounds groups are 3 to 4 inches at 7 yrds.

I'm kind of impressed, I was not expecting this kind of performance out the box, maybe am just a lucky one.

I'm going to give it a good cleaning and maybe a fluff and buff. Am even considering buying a PF9, the

the wify fired it and liked it, I might be losing it to her.

I must admit I bought it to tinker with, never for conceal carry, I had my doubts on reliability,but now I believe I'll start carrying it, is perfect in size for Florida attire (shorts, t-shirt and sandals).

Thank you all, in this forum for your advise and and suggestions.

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Re: New Owner of P3AT and Forum

welcome to KTOG

3. Kamikaze_Kizer

Kamikaze_Kizer New Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Re: New Owner of P3AT and  New to Forum

welcome to KTOG! I went to the range today and broke in my new P3at. I ran 100 rounds with 0 malfunctions. I was able to keep all shots with 8' once I got used to the sights

4. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007

Welcome aboard!

I'll sometimes get a little sloppy nearing the end of a range session with my P3AT and induce a FTE. I'll realize its my fault, re-concentrate and finish the session with a mag or two failure free. Come to think of it I'll generally finish my back yard practice sessions doing rapid fire or weak hand shooting which probably doesn't help.

Best of luck with your P3AT. If reliable it makes a great carry gun when you can't or won't carry something with more snot and a great BUG when you do.

Take care...

5. flphotoguy

flphotoguy New Member

Apr 29, 2008

Welcome aboard! The P3AT is an excellent conceal carry for Florida attire. It fits nicely in my front pocket.

6. raymac1215

raymac1215 New Member

Dec 31, 2008

Welcome !! The P3AT is a great little gun with a lot of power. Everybody here is always willing to help. Good luck !!

7. rizo

rizo New Member

Apr 17, 2009

Welcome and enjoy the best little friend you will ever have....

8. YooperP3at

YooperP3at New Member

Oct 12, 2008

Welcome !!
    P3at and Pf9 here.
    used to have a p11...sold it for the Pf9.

9. oldgranpa

oldgranpa New Member

Sep 23, 2004

If I'm reading this right, 250 rounds without cleaning and only 1 fte on last round!! That's the best yet for a new OTB P3AT!
    I've said before, KelTec has done some little mods that have greatly improved new P3AT's being produced. (And Ruger can't, the LCP is still a "littlecrappypistol" >:()
    My last P3AT purchased a year ago is great. Not a single malfunction, OTB, with many varieties of ammo used in my wetpack tests.

And as the others said, Welcome to KTOG.

og....whose tests are at the WWW thing at bott of page.

10. RPM_64

RPM_64 New Member

Apr 26, 2009

Like the others have said, Welcome. Helpful group here.
    WOW that's a test. Very nice performing firearm.
    As for the Florida attire, I carry in shorts, jeans, slacks, whatever. Just toss it in my pocket and go, nobody can see anything. I don't wear a shirt outside my pants either, no dress code adjustment needed.
    Enjoy...