Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a P3AT and absolutely love it!  I've had my CCDW license for over ten years and have never really carried, simply because I didn't like lugging around my .38 snubby.  Now I carry my P3AT every chance I get (not all the time, mind you, but quite a bit).  I don't know why I waited so long to get one!

I took it to the range a couple of weeks ago for its inaugural test firing.  It was a nasty day at an outdoor range (Know Creek in West Point, KY), so I was just throwing lead down range.  I fired 50+ rounds with it new out of the box and didn't have a single hiccup--no F&B required!  I'm a big guy with small hands, so it's very comfortable for me to fire, and I don't have any problems with the recoil.  I can't wait to do some real target practice!

I've been trolling this board for a while (even before I got my P3AT), so I bought a few accessories right out of the gate:

1) A leather wallet holster from pocketholsters.com and Desanti Nemesis for front pocket carry.  I'm not sure which one I like best yet.

2) A set of sights from nightsiters.com (haven't installed them yet)

3) A Hogue Handall grip (haven't received it yet)

4) A set of A-Zoom snap caps.  I don't know how many times I "inadvertently" dry-fired it on it's maiden voyage at the range, but I've seen the error of my ways and won't be making that mistake any more.

BTW, this is a *brand new* model with the new hammer block.  At the range, I was firing Magtech 95gr FMJ.  I'm carrying 90gr Hydra Shock Personal Defense.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Welcome Mark. Sounds good but be sure to run a few more boxes of ammo through it for break in and also fire enough of your carry ammo to test feeding and cycling issues.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome.  I definitely plan on many more trips to the range (it will get god and broken in very soon).   ;)

I usually fire one or two magazines of my carry ammo every time I go.

I know others say that this is definitely not a "target practice" gun, but I actually enjoy shooting it!

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
Welcome Mark. And just think, 4 months ago at that same range it was hot, humid & miserable. Did I mention humid?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Congrats!! and welcome.....Yes sir I know what ya mean...I have had my CCW permit and have a chiefs special .38 that I was carrying. Since I got "Katie", she has now become my #1 CCW. I have a nemisis front pocket holster that I like. Like you, I have had no problems with mine as far as FTF or FTF or FTAnything. I have done my fluff and buff with about 300 rounds of ammo. She shoots just fine, and also pretty damn accurate for such a little gun!!
As far as humid goes,,,,come on down to Mississippi!!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Welcome aboard Mark!

I know what you mean... I really should carry my Glock 26 more than my P3AT but I don't. The P3AT (I've got two) is just so much easier to carry and to conceal.

Take care...

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Welcome Mark, I carry mine all the time. If I can carry a full size gun (sig p226) I still have the littel kt in my back pocket. Why not? Why not all the time, every time? I only carry when I would not want to be shot. When I take a shower it is on the self outside the stall. You said you carry in the front pocket, I carry in my back pocket, easier to get to when sitting (driving). To each his own, better to have it than to wish you did.
Take care, be safe.
Lop

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.