New owner intro

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by RandyP, Dec 25, 2007.

1. RandyP

RandyP New Member

Dec 23, 2007
    Hi Folks,

I pick up my new P3AT tomorrow evening, following my mandatory wait for 'them' to verify that yet again I'm not a danger to anything other than my bank account. lol

Been shooting handguns off and on for 37 of my 58 years but this is my 1st SMALL tool. Got it to celebrate my upcoming Utah permit and wanted the convenience of size & weight. Had a Mauser HSC in 380 over 20 years ago and liked that round. The KT will join my present small stable of the Browning .22, old Walther P38 and my recent CZ52 in 7.62x25.

Can't say I'm thrilled to hear about the recent blow up or pookieguy giving up on the piece, or some of the other FTF/FTE issues, but hopefully mine came off the assembly line ready to go? I'll post a mini report when I get back from the range tomorrow. ANY machine can have issues., if the manufacturer stands behind it that at least is a very strong positive. I can get a PF9 at this gun shop for the same price as the P3 so I'll have to decide whether to buy an early birthday present too while I'm there tomorrow.

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Re: New owner into

Welcome to KTOG Randy.

You should enjoy the P3AT. As far as seeing the couple of post that are concerning, just remeber over a 1,000 P3ATs are sold each WEEK. The new members here are just a very small percentage of those that even got one, but I would expect if any "problem" occured, websites like this are the first place it gets posted. The anology is like "visiting the emergancy room of a hosipital to determine the health of the county"

Things you should have noticed if you had to chance to read some other history

First, at least clean and lube
    The trigger pull is different...You have to let it return completly or you will drop the hammer from block, geeting a light strike

Again welcome to KTOG and MERRY CHIRSTMAS

3. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX

invest in snap caps, practice the trigger pull

clean and lube BEFORE using

shoot safe

merry christmas. and remember, that would be the first report (albeit unsubstantiated) of a p3at kabooming.

until there is more information, I do not think it can be deemed reliable. not that the person is lying, i just think more information is needed before a judgement can be made

4. tbranch

tbranch New Member

Dec 14, 2007

Do clean and oil/grease the weapon.  Doing the fluff and buff can't hurt either. I also used 600 grit sandpaper to clean up the grip and magazine. Not a big issue, but just wanted to removed the excess from the molding process.

Remember this is not a range weapon.  I fired a couple of hundred rounds to break it in and a magazine when I hit the range.  It's my primary carry weapon these days as it fits nicely into most front pockets in an Uncle Mikes #1.  

Happy Holidays!

Tom

5. tbranch

tbranch New Member

Dec 14, 2007

I read a report somewhere of either a P-32 or P3AT doing such with MagSafe ammunition.

Tom