New owner here.

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by NidStyles, Oct 2, 2010.

1. NidStyles

NidStyles New Member

Oct 2, 2010
    :D

Hi all. I just picked up an OD Green P3AT Second Gen here. Picked up the De Santis Nemesis pocket holster for concealed carry to go with it. This is my first .380, and first polymer pistol.

Are there any tip's out there I should be aware of? I know Kel-Tec's have a break-in period, but should I worry about which ammo to feed it through the break-in? I picked up some Independence 90gr. FMJs too start out with.

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Welcome to KTOG

Naw...the half million post in 40K threads here didn't discuss that.   ::)

I think i've heard cleaning and lubing before shooting would help, though

3. NidStyles

NidStyles New Member

Oct 2, 2010
    Thank's for the welcome, glad to be an owner of an American made polymer pistol.

Everyone's got jokes eh? ;D

[quote author=JFB]
    I think i've heard cleaning and lubing before shooting would help, though[/quote]

Roger, did that. I should be squared away then. Thank's for confirming my go status. Will try to hit the range later on today and see how she runs.

4. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Welcome aboard!

The addition of grip pads, grip sleeves and mag extensions have made my P3ATs comfortable & fun guns to shoot.

5. bluesdog1

bluesdog1 New Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Personally, I find the p3at comfortable shooting without addons. I usually shoot a 1911 45 cal. I am a new owner as well and was very happy with shooting comfort.

Bluesdog

6. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Personally, I find the p3at comfortable shooting without addons. I usually shoot a 1911 45 cal. I am a new owner as well and was very happy with shooting comfort.

Bluesdog[/quote]

Bluesdog, Welcome to KTOG!

:) a) I should have written more comfortable & fun to shoot. b) I'm a closet wuss and you called me out.  :)

Take care...

7. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    Just shoot and enjoy. You have great little gun.

Welcome aboard.

Bo Bryant

8. Jimbo_47

Jimbo_47 New Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Seriously! Welcome aboard!

It would be a good idea to read all the FAQ's (frequently ask questions) as there is a ton of answers to a lot of basic questions for new owners.

I spent a lot of time here doing research before posting my first post and I was glad I did.

Several on here have put in a lot of time and effort to answer simple questions that are asked frequently and it's somewhat of an insult to those who contribute and then have to listen to a sarcastic, "Well, thanks for the welcome!" "Thanks for the jokes, Eh!"

This is a great forum, and you will get a lot of help, but you have to do your part also!

Rant over!

9. NidStyles

NidStyles New Member

Oct 2, 2010
    Seriously thank's all. Going for my CCW Saturday, haven't gotten the chance to fire it yet, will try her out tomorrow. Will start tricking her out if there's a need after tomorrow. Loving this Holster and the way it literally feel's like it disappear's. I'm still printing pretty badly, but it's because I wear mostly Khaki's here in the desert. It doesn't look straight like a Pistol in my pocket at least.

Thank's for the welcome and the jokes!! I just had to... ;D