Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot 50 rounds of Blazer, followed by 7 rounds of Federal JHP. The gun ran flawlessly, with no fluff-n-buff, just a rub down and lube job (grease and oil.) I shot a little high, and will have to practice a little to get those shots lower. Recoil was tolerable, though the checkering was a little rough on the palm. I still have to sort out where all these dang fingers are going to go. My normal combat grip feels pretty good, but my left thumb rides high, and crosses onto the slide. If I move it lower, I start to crowd my other fingers. And something, maybe the checkering, or maybe a ridge or edge where the mag joins the grip, if beating up my palm.

I liked the Federal JHP, which touted "lower recoil" on the box. It was pretty soft, and allowed for better follow-up shots. I dumped 6+1 into a 8 inch circle at 15 feet as fast as I could shoot. I was surprised how well and how fast I could get those off. It was a satisfying way to finish the round.

I feel comfortable with the gun, and will trust it for daily carry. Now if ammo were more available, and cheaper.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No worries! I'll put plenty through it in the coming weeks, and get plenty of off-range practice manipulating the gun. That's just all I had time for yesterday. I was pleased that it ran without trouble.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts