New owner....best carry ammo

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by YooperP3at, Oct 12, 2008.

1. YooperP3at

YooperP3at New Member

Oct 12, 2008
    new P3at owner here.
    I've seen a lot of info on .380 ammo, and it appears that everyone has a different opinion on the best carry rounds.
    Anyone here have a suggestion for carry ammo.
    I am currenty carrying the hornady custom 90gr xtp hp. Had some left over from my old .380 (traded in for keltec.)

I've shot a mixture of different rounds thru my new gun and haven't had any problems.
    From what i've seen, GoldenSaber, GoldDot, HydraShok, and SilverTip are the tops.

Looking for information from p3at owners...what works for them and what they've found out.
    Thanks.
    Mike.

2. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    There is a "sticky thread" at the top of this page with alot of good info on the .380.

Also several other threads in the forum, give the search option a try and I'm sure you'll find more information than you could want.

From what I have read here most P3AT owners carry either Corbon DPX / PowRball or Golden Sabers. Try a few in your weapon ,after it's broken in, and see what it likes or dosen't like.

JMHO good luck :)
    CJ

3. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    Welcome to the forums...I carry Corbon DPX in mine...But as you have noticed everyone has their own choice...

John

4. YooperP3at

YooperP3at New Member

Oct 12, 2008
    I did notice the Corbon...but a .380 wetpack test which i found posted (byron & oldgranpa 7/6/04)
    showed zero expansion.

wasn't sure about those.

5. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    Carry what is reliable in your P3AT and what you feel confident/comfortable carrying. Remember that shot placement trumps other factors.

6. 99ncxj

99ncxj New Member

Aug 28, 2007
    I currently have hydrashocks in both my p3at and my m&p40c. I have been reading some less than great reports of expansion of them so i'll be swithing over to federal HST's

7. c0wboi38

c0wboi38 New Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Corbon DPX. It's my carry ammo in every handgun in the battery.