Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked up my new P3AT yesterday. ;D i have not taken it out to shoot but i most likely will over the weekend. i was carrying a NAA .22 but wanted something different and more bite. i love the size and feel of this pistol. i polished the barrel up last night. it was kinda grey. right now i have a box of "Independence" 90 gr. fmj. what is the popular ammo that this pistol likes?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Re: New owner and  new member.

I've had my gun for 2 wks now...i've put everything i could find thru it and have not had any problems.
Ive shot reloads....magtec....american eagle....blazer.....and federal xtp hp....also some hp reloads.

I havent had any malfunctions as of yet.

Have several hundred rounds thru it now.

From what i've seen on this site....everyone has their own favorites for practice and carry.
Most will tell you to try several different types and use whatever works for your gun.
It appears that some of these guns are picky. Mine doesn't seem to care what i feed it....It's just hungry!!

Also just for the record...i never did any polishing or any modifications on mine...straight from box to range.
Just cleaned it well and lubed it well.

Welcome.

·
Registered
459 Posts

paratrooper101 said:
just picked up my new P3AT yesterday. ;D i have not taken it out to shoot but i most likely will over the weekend. i was carrying a NAA .22 but wanted something different and more bite. i love the size and feel of this pistol. i polished the barrel up last night. it was kinda grey. right now i have a box of "Independence" 90 gr. fmj. what is the popular ammo that this pistol likes?

Hi Paratooper.  Screaming Eagle.
Welcome to the KTOG.
I use to use Indpendance 90gr FMJ.
Now I use Magteck 95gr FMC.  
The range I go to changed brands.
They both worked just fine.
I got one of the frist 2G P3AT  sn (HUExx)

Charlie.  11th Airborne.  WWII.
PS Check your PM.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

oh yeah the how recently do you think this pistol was produced serial #'s are JWDxx?
going shooting tomorrow will let you guys know how it does. i plan on using up the box of independence. ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts

It seems I've got a picky one. It only likes Winchester so far after 200 rounds through it. I still have two or three more brands locally available to try though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

stopped at the local shop before heading to the range. he had tons of KT mags! i grabbed 1 for now($15) and he also had the replacement floorplates for $6. now im just waiting for a buddy of mine to go to the range.
kitty approves of new gear. ;D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
back from first shoot.

just got back from the range a while ago. i have 6 rounds left out of that box of independence. not one hiccup. i was excpecting the 3AT to "kick" more. it was very easy to control. i did notice that im aiming kinda low at targets however. we were shooting at lightbulbs, cd's and clays(private range). i set up a standard clay 25 yards away, aimed, shot, and missed. i hit low, way low. so i adjusted myself and fired again. miss. 3rd time i fired i hit it. its going to take some practice to get accurate with the gun but i know its not a target gun. i just need more ammo now. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.