New Navy P3AT HC with Armalaser . . .Pics

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by tbird911, Oct 16, 2007.

1. tbird911

tbird911 New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Hi All,

I have been contemplating buying a P3AT for awhile now.  After much lurking, I ook the plunge and ordered a gun from BUD's gunshop.  Professional guys wihtout a doubt.  I have done alot of reading and did a light F&B with a clean and lube on the gun and then added the AG Laser Grip w/pads and an ARMALASER.  I wasnt sure if I'd like the black grip wrap, black ARMA with the blue frame, but after I finished it I was really quite happy with the result.  I did buy the Hard Chrome model because I plan on carrying this as a BUG or in situation when I wouldn't normally be able to get away with my every day carry weapon (H&K P2000SK.)

I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, put I have high hopes that with a little TLC, it will prove to be super reliable and a great second carry.

This forum has proven to be a great resource and I hope that I can contribute in the future.
    Here's some pics:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    It would be really cool if Rick made a matching Armalaser or if there was a matching Durakote to paint the AL. That blue/hc is a pretty combo!

-Scott

3. PackinPastor

PackinPastor Guest

Bee-yoo-tee-phul!!!!   ;D

4. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Be sure to post your results with your laser. Thanks. :)

5. tbird911

tbird911 New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the kind words. I wasn’t sure how thrilled I was with the blue at first, but it's really grown on me. Just enough of the blue & black together looks really nice when you see the gun in person. The Armalaser is really neat. I haven’t shot the gun yet, but I did use a laser bore sighter to zero the Laser. We'll see how good that works. If you haven’t tried the process, it's pretty easy. Choose the right end cap for the boresighter, which holds it firmly in the barrel of the gun, turn on the laser foresighted, turn on the Armalaser and then adjust windage and elevation on the Armalaser until the two red dots are superimposed. The AG Laser grips are a fantastic product. I can tell you that the rubber grip "wrap" with the pads on the front and backstrap make it feel like a whole different gun. I applied them per the instructions on the website and used a hair dryer to set them. In retrospect, the whole fitting of the rubber wrap would have been easier if I had actually let the adhesive set overnight. When I checked the adhesive quality of the pads the following day, it was like they were "fused" to the plastic. I also spoke to the folks over at Grandfather Oak and have a holster ordered. I think the guy I talked to was Dave (sorry Dave . . . if your name wasn’t Dave LOL!), anyway, they make a really cool Kydex Holster that fits the P3AT with Armalaser and has a Kydex Magazine holder attached to the main pocket holster with a piece of webbing. I've never seen the design anywhere on the web and it's not on their site. I'll make sure and post pics when it arrives.

Tbird -out-

6. wyo-man

wyo-man New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Nice, nice, nice, nice, etc.......................................

wyo-man

7. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Active Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Sweet, brother! If I ever find a HC/Navy P3AT I'll buy it on the spot, fondle it often and probably never shoot it. Don't much care for the black inner tube grip on that thing of beauty, but at least it is removable when you want your new gal to do some modeling for your friends.

Congrats!

8. :'(

WOW... it is such a thing of beauty it makes me weep with joy!

I keep trying to convince myself to get the armalaser.....if they do come out with a blue one I will have ot get it!

Tbird.. don't forget the fluff and buff!

CLEAN--- LUBE--- SHOOT--- REPEAT!

9. Wings

Wings New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Sweet.
    I stumbled on a blue HC when I was picking up a Walther First Edition PPS that I had ordered and bought it.
    I didn't realize that it was a hard-to-come-by color, especially in HC.