New Members! **KTOG Welcome Wagon

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by TxCajun, Apr 9, 2006.

1. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    [​IMG]

New to KTOG? We are the premier source for knowlege and information on all things Kel-tec and so much more. If you are new to Kel-tec or guns in general, there is much to be learned. If you are an old hand, share what you know.

To get started, hit the reply button at the top, center of this post and introduce yourself. You are among friends.

If you need assistance using the forum, click the Help button at the top of every page. Additionally, there are some helpful stickied threads at the top of this, the Feedback and Announcements Forum. If you can't find what you need to know, just ask.

After saying hello, please click this link and familiarize yourself with the
    KTOG Forum Rules

Welcome to KTOG!
    TxCajun :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
  2. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Re: KTOG Welcome Wagon

Let me get this started by putting a couple of intros here via quotes:

3. Ender

Ender New Member

Jul 3, 2005

Hello TxCajun, welcome to the forum! ;D

4. robo

robo Guest

Howdy, I'm the proud owner of a su 16 ca. I like
    how it shoots however I do have some toys for
    it, on order. Comp, forearm, sling and extended butt pad. Living in California with all the freeks
    and geeks I figured I better get mine before the
    liberals have them outlawed to. This site has been
    very helpfull. Thanks and keep up the great information.

5. Ender

Ender New Member

Jul 3, 2005

Welcome to the forum robo! Good move getting your toys while you can. Me I left California a few years ago and never looked back.

6. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

Welcome Robo.

There plenty of CA/SU16 folk right here. You're in good company.

Oh... and congrats on being the 1st post in the new Welcome Wagon thread. 8)

7. gpr

gpr New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    north palm beach

hello.....my name is gary and i am a keltec addict..... ;D ;D ;D

8. 281_Quad_Cam

281_Quad_Cam New Member

Apr 16, 2006

Hey everybody!

New here, just got my used P32 last week. Worried me with 50 rounds of "Hotshot" ammo, but redeemed itself with flawless operation using WWB flat nosed FMJ.

Already carried it to the beach a couple times, where it is worth it's weight in gold... well, thats not much gold.

Look forward to posting more.

9. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

Welcome!
    Hmm... What's 8 oz of gold going for these days? ;D

10. robo

robo Guest

Well Tx, I think gold is around $600.00 an oz
    x 8, well I figure you all can do the math. ;D

11. RH_III

RH_III New Member

Apr 21, 2006

A short intro: I grew up hunting (.22, .410, 16 ga, 12 ga) mostly bird hunting pheasants and ducks with the shotguns and squirrels with the .22, but haven't shot a round since shortly after I got out of the service in 1964 and sold my S&W .38 cal Military&Police handgun to make a motorcycle payment :(. (Later I got married and sold my motorcycle and electric guitar. Oh well. :))

Lately I'm beginning to think an SHTF weapon might not be a bad idea. I'm not paranoid about it, but think it's some insurance worth paying for.

I'm looking at K-Ts -- 16Charlie and S2K -- having weeded out a bunch of other alternatives on a variety of grounds. I've held (but not shot) an S2K at a dealer, haven't held a Charlie, and plan to shoot both before I finally decide what to get.

The 9mm S2K is real tempting from the point of view of size, weight, concealability, mag capacity (in the Glock configration, anyway), and I just kinda liked the way it felt. :) A little short, but then it didn't have a butt extender on it. I'm of an age where I don't want a whole lot of recoil, too, so the 9mm S2K is tempting in that respect.

I'm planning to lurk a while. I've read through a slew of the threads, and will read more, and may have some dumb questions now and again. There's a whole lot of shooting equipment now that didn't exist in 1964. (I had to hunt all over H*ll to figure out what a "red dot" sight is!)

I'm not in a tearing rush, but sometime in the next month or so I figure to buy one or the other, and I'll be looking for advice from the knowledgable folks here.

RH_III

12. JCW355

JCW355 New Member

Apr 22, 2006

I thought I was a memeber of KTOG but that was on Yahoo not here. Glad to be here, have already looked at everything I could read on the SU-16 being a new, satisfied owner and hope to learn something from everyone else ;D

13. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

Welcome to KTOG guys. Jump in a thead. ;D

14. ksmoose

ksmoose New Member

Mar 11, 2006

Started looking at Kel-Tecs for something light to carry while working on farm. I got a P3ATand our youngest son got a P32 .I have several handguns and normally carry a Star BM or Ruger MKII while at the farm. After putting the P3AT in my pocket it is amazing how heavy the Star or Ruger is on my belt.Kel-Tec has ruined me and now I am looking at a P11 or P9 for this application.

15. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

Kel-tecs will do that to you. They also tend to multiply. Welcome. 8)

16. waterwalker

waterwalker Member

Hello all,

I'm new to this site as a member. I found this forum after buying a SU16A at a local gun show. I new nothing about kel-tec at that time. I have hunted, shot, bought and sold guns since my youth. I was even on an Army rifle team in the '60s.

To make a long story short, I love my SU16A and have become addicted to kel-tec's. I bought a NIB hc P-11 that was perfect out of the box. Cleaned, Lubed and shot. I liked the P-11 so well that when I found a used p-40 for $165.00 out the door,I bought it. Since then I have added two 1st gen. P-32s and a 2g P-3at to the collection.

Found everything I needed to know to keep them 100% on this site. Gerat site and great people here.

Besides being a FNG here i'm new to everything, this is the first forum I have ever used, so be kind untill I learn about how to use this thing.

17. ksmoose

ksmoose New Member

Mar 11, 2006

They are fun, I have a P3AT, my son the P32. Now I am lookinf for a P11. They are addictive.

18. Ender

Ender New Member

Jul 3, 2005

Welcome to KTOG! Sounds like you've caught the bug! Have fun with those guns. ;D

19. Rod_in_AL

Rod_in_AL New Member

May 13, 2006

Hello TxCajun:

New member here obviously, and glad to be aboard. I have been a lurker for some time, but did not join because I rarely have anything to say worth reading :) However, today I discovered something about the cause smileys in the PT380 that I don't believe I have seen anyone else mention. I'm going to post it as soon as I can get it together.

I'm an old shooter just getting back into the sport. Arsenal is Ruger 10/22 rifle, Ruger Mark 1 - 22, Ruger Security Six .357, Colt 1911 Series 60 .45, Taurus PT111 Mil Pro 9mm, and of course a KelTec P380. Used to reload for several years but out of that now.

On a personal note I have cajun ancestry. My father was born on Bayou Lafourche, Donaldsonville. He spoke French, learned English in school. Love the picture of you in the pirogue.

Hello and regards to anyone else reading this - i'm looking forward to a closer relationship with the group.

Rod

20. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

Welcome Rod. I must confess, while I like the swamp scene with the pirogue, that's not me. :-[

Tell us about your smiley discovery. I'll be looking for that thread.

P.S. I've been down around Donaldsonville a few times. There are some great old plantation homes down there.