Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post, thanks in advance for your help.
Have a Gen 1 Sub 40, installed a MCarbo trigger spring kit and trigger just now. On re-assembly all good till bolt won't slide into receiver. It is hitting the hammer which is cocked, hammer seems about 1/8" too high for bolt to pass. Any suggestions on what's wrong? I've watched the MCarbo "how too" video till I'll probably dream about it. The Sub in that video is a Gen II, anything different concerning bolt re-install on a Gen I?

Swag1

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Haugrdr;
I'll check out the link, will be tomorrow due to New Years. Yes, I did cycle the trigger but re-cocked the hammer. So that thru the hammer out of alignment?

Swag1

· Premium Member
18,296 Posts
No. The hammer always rides just a little high in the tube. You just need to push a little harder on the bolt, or read the primer in the FAQ that was linked for you. Welcome to the forum.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for the really late reply, life got in my way.

Got the bolt back in place and completed re-assembly. Got to fire a quick magazine to test the new MCarbo trigger and spring upgrade. WOW, great improvement!!! Don't have a trigger pull measurement tool but it breaks crisp and much less creep etc. I polished the contact surfaces and lubed. Didn't have time or daylight to do any additional shooting.
But, the MCarbo upgrade is a great improvement over the horrible factory trigger no doubt.

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it.

Swag1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.