Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by chuckd, Feb 6, 2006.

1. chuckd

chuckd New Member

Feb 1, 2006
    After lurking on the board for about a month and then shooting my son's kt I jumped on the band wagon and bought a P3AT HC. Have enjoyed shooting sports for over 50 years but didn't really get involved in handguns until the Brady Bill. Damn, that was expensive. Haven't had a chance to take the new gun out much but it operated fine except for feed ramp smileys. Have since shortened the ramp about 0.025 in but haven't tested since. I do shoot a number of handguns and enjoy reloading and minor gunsmithing. The kt is the smallest of the family.

[​IMG]

2. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    Welcome on the band wagon. ;D ;D

3. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Welcome to KTOG Chuck! 8)

0.025 isn't much, but you are right to take it slowly.
    FWIW, many here just decided to stop worrying about smileys. If they beat up you mags, that's another issue, but even then, KT will replace them. It is nice if you can substantially reduce smileys though. You may never completely illiminate them. Some result from the actual edge of the aluminum frame (which can be smoothed a bit to remove the sharp edge. There is also speculation that mags that don't fit the mag well tight enough allow the entire mag to jerk forward under recoil contributing to the smiley. It is a fairly complex issue that involves a balance of factors. :-/

Good to have you here.