Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by Hammerdown, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Hammerdown

Hammerdown New Member

Feb 7, 2006
    Hello
    I just joined this forum, and look forward to learning much about Kel-Tech's pistol's. I have laid my S&W-J-frame wheel gun to rest that I carried daily and now carry a P-32 in it's place. I was impressed with the reviews and weight of the P-32. This is my FIRST bottom feeder as I have ALL revolvers.I bought my P-32 used as the owner did not like the ivory grip. I fired the first 100 rounds through it, with out a problem, and look forward to hand loading for it as well. I would appreciate any load information member's are willing to share, or any ways to improve this fine little pistol. I have always been a fan of the .32 caliber and own a .32 H&R Magnum S&W revolver as well. Sorry to ramble on.. I look forward to learning much from here as I know very Little about Semi-Autos. :-[ Best regards, Hammerdown

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Welcome Hammerdown! 8)

If you too don't care for the ivory grip, you can order black, grey or od green from Kel-tec for about $25. For a few extra bucks, ask for one with the hammer block and mag catch pre-installed.

These p32 ballistics are a bit dated but still useful:
    http://www.goldenloki.com/ammo/gel/tests.htm

3. Hammerdown

Hammerdown New Member

Feb 7, 2006
    Hello Tx cajun
    Thanks for the speedy friendly response. I kinda like the Ivory grip myself as it contrasts well with the slide. I did look at the link, and am thinking someone will chime in that reloads for this round, as I reload all I shoot, and would like to find some great handloads for this little .32 A.C.P. Have a great day, Hammerdown

4. JerryO

JerryO New Member

Sep 7, 2004

I also reload for most of my centerfire rounds.

For the P32, I have used the MagTech 71 gr fmj bullet from midwayusa. I bought many of them when they were on sale for $30 per thousand, but they have went up in price since then.

I tried several powders.

Powder pistol. It was to dirty for my tastes (this powder is for high pressure and the P32 is intended to be low pressure). It did give very good velocities, but I'm not sure the pistol can handle a steady diet of 900 fps.

Herco (left over from long ago) gave about 750 fps with 3.0 grains up to 890 fps on 3.4 grains.

Bullseye (that my typical pistol powder) ran from 1.66 up to 2.1 grains. Velocity went from 580 to 725 fps. The 2.1 grains of bullseye shot fine and were mild. Around 600 fps the action was failing to cycle.

W231 is what I have been meaning to use do to it flowing better than bullseye. I loaded from 1.9 to 2.4 grains with velocities running from 600 fps to 790 fps.

--- W231 at 2.4 grains is what I am now using. ---

I used a hornady powder measure for the above powders. But bought the lee micro disk for my Lee pro1000 prgressive last fall, and have used it a bit in my single stage to see if it works. It seems OK.

PS. My chrony gave 850 fps with the S&B 73 grain fmj ammo that I bought.

I hope this helps.

JerryO

5. Hammerdown

Hammerdown New Member

Feb 7, 2006
    Hello JerryO
    It was helpful and thanks. I loaded with Bullseye myself. I used the Hornady XTP 85 Grain hollow points. I was careful to load them at MOA as well. There was no mis feeding issues and all went well. At 2.1 Grains it did raise my point of impact to the bulls eye but was still a tad low. I may try a little hotter load to see if this put's them in the ten ring. Hammerdown

6. JerryO

JerryO New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Interesting.

I haven't seen any 32acp loads for bullets heavier than 71 grains, and I just checked my hornady manual.

I'd suggest checking some cases for buldges near the back of the fired cases. You might want to watch how far the fired cases fly on ejection.

If the cases don't buldge, and the ejection distance is reasonable, you should have a good load.

JerryO

7. Hammerdown

Hammerdown New Member

Feb 7, 2006
    Hello Jerry O
    I have checked the cases. They appear fine as no stretch, and appear to be uniform after firing. I also noticed they flew as far as the loaded 71 Grain offerings, after firing. I have encountered a low point of aim before while experimenting with revolver loads and attribute it to hot load with low weight bullet, this is why I upped the grains to 85 as a test and all worked out well. Regards, Hammerdown