New member with P3AT on the way

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Glasstream15, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Glasstream15

Glasstream15 New Member

Nov 10, 2008
    I just wanted to say "Hi"! I ordered my P3AT from my local gun shop last Friday and they said that I could pick up Thursday. I have my concealed class this Saturday and I don't know whether I use the KT or my Ruger P90, .45 Auto.

BTW, Wally Werld yesterday had WWB in .45 for $28.95/100 and WWB in .380 for $31.95/100. I got 2 boxes of .380 and 4 boxes of Blazer Brass .45 for $12.95/50. I always thought the larger caliber would be more expensive, but I guess not.

I hope to be around and learn, not only about my new P3AT but shooting and SD/HD in general.

2. cm

cm New Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Trenton, MI.
    Welcome Glasstream15.
    I love my P3AT.  Got one of the first 2gen,  SS#  HUExx.
    Again welcome to KTOG.
    Enjoy your P3AT.
    Charlie.

3. Glasstream15

Glasstream15 New Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Thanks CTM and I see the WWII Vet. Especially today, and every day, thank you.

4. cm

cm New Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Trenton, MI.
    Thanks  Glasstream15.
    That was a long time ago,  I was just 18.  
    Drafted, WWII,  11th Airborne,  Paratooper  Rifleman.
    Regular Army,  2d. ESB, Radio Repairman.
    Michigan National Guard, 146 AAA, Signal Chief.
    Discharged Staff Sgt,  Bronze Star.
    Retired  Electrician.
    Charlie.

5. swatz

swatz New Member

Feb 1, 2008
    Welcome Glasstream! You will fall in love with the little P3AT...You will have no excuse to not carry it ;) I highly recommend the Hogue Handall Jr and the pinkie extension for the magazine. As far as your CCW class, I would shoot the gun you are most comfortable with...which might not be your new P3AT. It can be a handful until you get used to shooting it..but mine is very accurate out to 21FT and just disappears in my inside coat pocket..I am thinking about trying out one of the belt clips..trying to decide on mounting it on the left or right..hmm decisions decisions! Have fun!
    Best, Steve

6. Welcome to KTOG Glasstream.

The 3AT is indeed a sweet little pocket gun, but I wonder if it would be best to take it to the CW class before you have a chance to break it in.  While certainly not the norm, some of the 3AT's need a bit of TLC and a few hundred rounds down range before they run reliable.  Do you want the hassle of trying to deal with a few fail to ejects etc..  while trying to get past the class?

7. Glasstream15

Glasstream15 New Member

Nov 10, 2008
    That advice is why I am glad I found this forum. I will use the Ruger, but I'll also try to get a few rounds through the KT. Thanks for the welcome everyone.

8. I just thought of something:

Will you be allowed to conceal-carry ANY gun after you get your license, or JUST the gun you qualify with?

Some jurisdictions do have that restriction.  If so, that may influence what you qualify with.

Fortuanatley- With my CCW license,  I can carry whatever I can carry!  ;)

9. Glasstream15

Glasstream15 New Member

Nov 10, 2008
    In Florida you can carry whatever you can conceal. And the permit allows you to buy any gun without the 3 day wait.

10. wyo-man

wyo-man New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Welcome. Keep us updated with your progress.

wyo-man

11. tommyray

tommyray New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Welcome Glasstream15. You are in the right spot here. Be sure and keep us up to date on how it goes with your class and your KT. Again, welcome...Enjoy your new little friend.

12. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    Welcome to the group Glasstream15. You'll enjoy the P3. What part of Fl are you from. I am in  NW Fl. There are several members here in the S FL area also...

John

13. Glasstream15

Glasstream15 New Member

Nov 10, 2008
    I'm in the Oldest City, St. Augustine. Part time retired, part time tour guide.

14. ArtAttackTat2

ArtAttackTat2 New Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Welcome to the forum Glasstream15!

15. dbfxdm

dbfxdm New Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Welcome to the forum from SoFla.

16. ElBoricua

ElBoricua New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Welcome to KTOG from WPB Fl.

17. bunky

bunky New Member

Aug 27, 2008
    greetings and congrats on the p3at,they are addictive :eek:

18. Glasstream15

Glasstream15 New Member

Nov 10, 2008
    West Palm Beach. I was born at Good Sam Hospital more years ago than I will admit. Thanks for the welcome.

I made it to the range today. I used the big Ruger for my CWP calss, so I had not fired the mousegun until today. I managed to put 50 rounds of Magtech 95 gr FMJ through it with one FTE. And it cleared easily. I just eased the slide back and the offending case fell out.

The trigger works on my finger. After about 10 rounds it was getting tender. I was wearing a Mechanix Wear glove on my weak (left) hand and I put the other glove on my right and it was still very easy to shoot with no problem getting my finger to the trigger.

I was shooting a siloute(sp) and at 7 yards 40 would have been in the chest, heart and lung area, 8 hit the guy and 2 missed. For a noobie shooting that baby gun, I felt pretty good.

Of course, the Ruger P90, .45 Auto, put all 50 into the torso at 15 yards. That gun is so sweet. But it is so big and so heavy. So easy to shoot well though.

I bought another KT. Bob's Jewelers, Shooting Sport Pro Shop, here in St. Auggy had a used PF9 in great shape with a laser for $350 so I'll pick it up Saturday.

Thanks again for all the welcome. I hope to spend a lot of time here and on a couple of Ruger forums. I just wish they had sections strictly for a specific model like KTOG does.

19. swatz

swatz New Member

Feb 1, 2008
    [/quote]

I bought another KT. Bob's Jewelers, Shooting Sport Pro Shop, here in St. Auggy had a used PF9 in great shape with a laser for $350 so I'll pick it up Saturday.

[/quote]

And so it begins!! I have been looking at the PF9 as well, be sure to let us know what you think of it..
    Best, Steve