New member with P3AT on order

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Dueeast, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Dueeast

Dueeast New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    I just wanted to say hello, this forum seems better than the Kel Tec Range. More tec info and less smart a**es. Anyway, I have a P3AT olive with blued slide thats mine. But it's sitting at my dealer untill I get my purchase permit from the state of NJ. (@ 4-6 weeks) >:(

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Welcome to KTOG

3. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    Welcome to KTOG! Hang around a bit and get to know everyone, you'll find we have plenty of smart a**es. Not to be outdone by The Range. ;)

4-6 weeks just for the purchace permit??? Wow! Peoples Republic of New Jersey. >:(

Rick

4. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Purchase Permit? I just walked in and bought one. Indiana, Good Luck. Tom :)

5. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Welcome aboard!

Will you be able to legally carry your P3AT?

I understand that in NJ you can't even buy a BB gun over the counter, like at a Walmarts. Is that true?

Take care...

6. Cubriver_Kid

Cubriver_Kid New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Welcome to KTOG,

What's a purchase permit? :-[

CK

7. Dueeast

Dueeast New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    In NJ, you have to have a Firearms id card. this is issued by the police, and lets you purchase long guns. Then, if you want a handgun, you must apply for a permit to purchase a handgun. This is only good for the one handgun purchase. The wait time can vary as you apply through your local PD. My town is about 4-6 weeks. NO cc in NJ, unless your Donald Trump or somebody who the judge deems worthy. essentially NO cc for ordinary citizens...... The only way I carry is when I'm out of state and I use my Florida,CT, maine, or NH permits...Yeah, I know it sucks, but we're trying to change it. >:(

8. Cubriver_Kid

Cubriver_Kid New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Thanks Dueeast, I hope you can get that changed in NJ, it doesnt sound fair.

CK

9. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Welcome to KTOG. Good ole government people. Don't let citizens carry but let the criminals do it. In Kansas they supposedly tack on 5 years to a criminals sentence but rarely do they add it on.