Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi members! New guy here from Louisiana that just joined up since I recently acquired a Sub 2000 Gen 2 Glock 19 mags and a Sub 2000 Gen 2 Glock 17 mags. Now the questions:

Is the buffer that goes in the butt tube worth it and should I install them in my subs?
Which do you prefer, the Tacticool stock tube cover or the TandamKross?
Also, is there a front sight post replacement that incorporates the green "fiber optic" "light gathering" (I forget the name) in/on it?

Thanks and glad to be here!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Heavy buffer in 9mm, not worth it. In .40, yes.

I prefer the Tacticool cover.

Honestly, the front sight on the Gen2s is my biggest complaint. I have shot out 4 of them so far. If you want to stick with the stock front sight, once it is sighted in, fill the cavity with an epoxy.

I have been playing with one of these: https://clearimage-solutions.com/ mounted on the front of the rail and I like it for a front sight. But it takes the "folder" away.

But yes, you can replace the post with a FO or Tritium.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice!:) Do you have any idea where I might find a fiber optic front sight post for the gen 2? I have been searching and all I can find are those for the gen 1.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I use the Tacticool cover. Can't say it is better or worse than the TandamKross as once you have a cover on, who buys both?

I do recommend all of the Mcarbo equipment offered for the S2K. Buy it all and replace all at once. Taking the S2K apart once is enough: not hard, just a lot of fooling around. The two finger charging handle can be installed anytime, but get the internals all at the same time, including the screw set.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I use the Tacticool cover. Can't say it is better or worse than the TandamKross as once you have a cover on, who buys both?

I do recommend all of the Mcarbo equipment offered for the S2K. Buy it all and replace all at once. Taking the S2K apart once is enough: not hard, just a lot of fooling around. The two finger charging handle can be installed anytime, but get the internals all at the same time, including the screw set.
Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it! I am going to get the Tacticool cover for both of them. I already found the fiber optic sight and ordered it.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, this is what I have ordered so far: The Hiviz fiber optic front post sight, the tacticool tube sleeve, and the dust cover for both. Thanks for the help everyone! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.