New Member Question

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Blackrose93, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Blackrose93

Blackrose93 New Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    I'm a new member here and I did a search for FTE and the results came back with a bunch of information about my problem but I'm not sure which way to go first. My 3AT lives in my right front pocket and I went to the range today for the first time in a few weeks to run some rounds through. I used the same ammo I have been using for the range WWB and did I have problems! Out of the 50 rounds I fired, not one clip fired all 6 rounds with out a FTE. The last round did not eject on any of the clips unless I pulled the slide back. I even tried putting only 3 rounds in the magazine but that didn't help either. I have had the gun back to KelTec once already for FTF problems about 2 years ago but now this. I have always used the WWB and haven't had problems like this before. Because of this, my Glock 27 is now on my side instead of the 3AT. I didn't see anything abnormal when I cleaned it. I guess I contact KelTec on Monday or Tuesday?

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    welcome to KTOG.

do you still have the ejector in the frame?

I would also suspect a dirty mag, or damaged mag spring

and check the extractor (even though that would not be last wound limited)

3. Blackrose93

Blackrose93 New Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    The ejector is in the frame and I have cleaned the mag. When the gun fires and the casings eject, they all go in the same direction/distance. When it FTE's the casing is still pretty far in the tube.

4. olemissmike

olemissmike Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Welcome BlackRose.

Have you thought about trying another brand of ammo? The reason I ask is that I remember others stating that their P3's can be finicky with certain brands. Even though many use WWB, perhaps yours is allergic to it. Mine can't digest Wolf but works fine with AE, MagTech and the Remington Golden Sabres that I carry in it.

5. Blackrose93

Blackrose93 New Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks for the welcome. I thought about using something different but the WWB has worked just fine in the past so I don't really want to add another factor into the equation. I am going to email KelTec and see if I can get a new extractor.

6. Blackrose93

Blackrose93 New Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    I sent an email last night to KelTec about getting a new extractor. I got a reply this morning letting me know I just need to give them a mailing address, the serial# and part numbers needed. Should I get a new firing pin and spring also?