Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
keltec p17 bought 1/17/23 $270 out the door. shot it today 1/18/23 300 rd of federal 325 pack. one no fire nice hit on primer i had a box of norma velocity 1706 fps 24grain and it would not cycle. i have a s&w victory 22lr didn't cycle either. boy did it sound good coming out. to bad ! as for the p17 i looked it over and wiped it down before shooting it. i'm no gunsmith but it is so well though out. light, easy to use and plenty of ammo. im old 77 i got 15 rd in but!! called hilljak loaders got one on the way hope to hang around and learn from you keltec ers.

Super Moderator
Another satisfied customer! 馃榾

It's a shame that some bulk pack 22 ammo has so many rounds with no primer in the rim. I've found that CCI is much more reliable in that regard, including their low cost Blazer 22 LR ammo.

Registered
To load the 16th rd you can't rest the base of the mag on a surface because the full mag tab sticks out the bottom. Pick it up and you can load the 16th rd. I still forget from time to time.
I don't bother. My old hands and arms can't keep control of the mag to try to get that last round in while using my new UpLula double stack .22 (modified) loader. (I can't load even one round without the loader.) For me 15 rounds is an elegant sufficiency, especially since I bought two P17's and have 6 mags loaded to take to the range with me. I still reload while I'm there, but only one or two mags per session because a .22 is one of two or three guns I shoot each time.

Registered
I don't bother. My old hands and arms can't keep control of the mag to try to get that last round in while using my new UpLula double stack .22 (modified) loader. (I can't load even one round without the loader.) For me 15 rounds is an elegant sufficiency, especially since I bought two P17's and have 6 mags loaded to take to the range with me. I still reload while I'm there, but only one or two mags per session because a .22 is one of two or three guns I shoot each time.
Order a magazine speed loader from Taylor Tactical LLC for the P17. A buy for $10 plus shipping.

Registered
Order a magazine speed loader from Taylor Tactical LLC for the P17. A buy for $10 plus shipping.
I have one (TT) and it is OK, but my UpLula works much, much better for me. I still feel that since that is what I can get in without doing things my hands don't want to do, 15 is plenty in one magazine.

Look at it this way: I take 6 loaded mags to the range with 15 rounds each. If I could get that last round in I would only have 6 more rounds to shoot before time to reload. Meh

Registered
I started loading one less rd than manuals call for in a mag years ago. Even my 8 rd 1911 45s. Just my thing, and do not know if it makes a difference to all firearms, but I seem to have great luck with the performance doing so in my firearms.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts