New Member - New P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by blueyednd, Jun 26, 2008.

1. blueyednd

blueyednd New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Back in January, I decided to get a small .380 to carry during the summer when wearing shorts, when the Glock was tougher to conceal. I ran across this site and all my questions were answered. Many thanks to KTOG.

I bought my hard chrome/OD green P3AT in Feb at a local gun show. I traded in another gun, so I can't post the exact price, but the sticker on the gun was $330 (which I thought was high). I picked up 100 rds of range ammo and a box of carry stuff.

A hundred years ago I worked at a gun store and learned how to do simple polish jobs to the feed ramp, etc., so I took my P3AT home and polished it up, then cleaned and oiled it.

At the range, I shot 125 rnds with 0 failures of any kind. I was very pleased with the accuracy of the gun (mine shoots a bit low past about 10yds. I ran to the store and got another 100rds of the cheap 380 and shot it with 0 failures of any kind. During the 2nd string of 100 rds, I tried to make it fail. I shot rapid fire, I tried to "limp-wrist" it, changed grip, etc...but the little 380 kept plugging away.

I have full confidence in my P3AT. I would not carry it otherwise. My Dad came into town in May....he now is a P3AT owner and has the same polish job mine does.

Since I got the P3AT, and found this forum, I've also purchased a PLR16 and just yesterday a SUB2000. So, I'm kind of hooked... I'll post pics and info in the respective sites later.

Thanks again for a great site...

[​IMG]

2. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    I'm sure you'll enjoy your P3AT..Welcome to the board. There are quite a few knowledgeable people here with plenty of info to help if any is ever needed...

John

3. ar15geek

ar15geek New Member

Sep 9, 2004
    The P3at is a great little pocket protector. KTOG is a great resource for technical help and gun discussion. Welcome.

4. quickmick7

quickmick7 New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    south florida
    welcome...nice to have you here...

5. Welcome to KTOG blue- and thanks for the good report and post.. very nice looking 3AT.

I hope that good looking 3AT has a nice holster?

6. TWayne

TWayne New Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Welcome...welcome ...welcome!!!

7. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Glad to welcome another satisfied customer. It's nice to have folks post positive experiences. The natural tendency for these types of forums are to only post when there's a problem. Thanks for booting the statistics in the "good" direction. ;)

Welcome!

8. blueyednd

blueyednd New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Thanks...no holster yet...just the belt clip.

9. blueyednd

blueyednd New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Thanks...I've been impressed with the 380. I also impressed a few people at the range, who looked at it before I shot it and kind of joked about its size, etc...after they saw how well it shot, they gave it a second look... ;)

10. The safety of the 3AT is the long heavy trigger. No holster = exposed trigger = accident waiting to happen. YMMV.

11. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Blue - this is something I recently wrote for the Pf9 section and it looks like it fits here too:

12. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Wecome aboard!

Great gun and great range report. I also have a Glock but don't carry it nearly as much as I do the P3AT.

Don't know where I come down on P3AT IWB with the clip. My P3AT is almost always in my front pocket but I have moved it to IWB when going to sit down in a restuarant (Desantis Nemesis holster is sticky enough to allow this & the few time I've done this I've had a sweater or untucked shirt to conceal the gun and holster). Hmm, as I think of it I wouldn't dare carry my Glock - IWB, pocket or however - without a holster.

Take care...

13. blueyednd

blueyednd New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    You guys are exactly correct. No argument from me on the safety issue...

I do actually have one of the hard leather, back pocket concealment jobs, but I don't really like it, so I don't use it. I need to look into another inside the pants/inside the pocket holsters.

Thanks again for reminding me... :)

14. pedro

pedro New Member

May 28, 2008
    You'll have a hard time finding a nicer IWB holster than the one I carry every day.  It is the Galco USA (Ultimate Second Amendment) model # 404.  It perfectly fits the gun and even prevents the magazine release from being pressed.  I cannot say enough to get across my point of just how nice this holster is.  :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]