Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, thanks a lot for sharing all of the great information available here!

I recently acquired my CCL and chose a new P-3AT in Olive Drab for daily carry.  Size and weight were my main decision factors in choosing it.  I’da preferred an AirLite .357 J-frame, but that’s a bit out of my budget right now.   :)

Anyhow, I was really nervous about reliability - especially after finding that the pistol almost always fails to feed and often eject when hand cycling the action.  But… happily, when at the range for the first time yesterday, I was able to put the first 100 rounds through it without any failures before packing it up.

I’m very happy with it and look forward to many more practice sessions with it – it’s a lot of fun.

-Matt

·
Registered
754 Posts
Welcome Matt. You actually have the wrong impression of new KT's, most are great out of the box. Most people come to KTOG if they have a problem for help, so it looks to most new people that the KT is problematic which is not the case at all. Just keep it clean and lubed and you will have a good CCW.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Wecome aboard Matt! Is that 100 rounds without cleaning?

I've got two P3ATs myself and as good as my HC/Gray looks (my other is Blued/Black) I like the Blued/OD combination the most.

Take care...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BillK said:
Wecome aboard Matt! Is that 100 rounds without cleaning?

I've got two P3ATs myself and as good as my HC/Gray looks (my other is Blued/Black) I like the Blued/OD combination the most.

Take care...
Cool! I cleaned & lubed before firing, but not during.

Nice to meet y'all

G

·
Welcome aboard Matt-

SHOOT... CLEAN....LUBE....REPEAT

·
Registered
826 Posts
Welcome Matt!

I also have the blued/OD combo. I like the looks of it.

What kind of groups can you shoot? I need to get some of the +1 mag extenders for mine so I can wrap my pinky around it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.