New member, new P-3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by mattraff, Jun 4, 2008.

1. mattraff

mattraff New Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Hey all, thanks a lot for sharing all of the great information available here!

I recently acquired my CCL and chose a new P-3AT in Olive Drab for daily carry.  Size and weight were my main decision factors in choosing it.  I’da preferred an AirLite .357 J-frame, but that’s a bit out of my budget right now.   :)

Anyhow, I was really nervous about reliability - especially after finding that the pistol almost always fails to feed and often eject when hand cycling the action.  But… happily, when at the range for the first time yesterday, I was able to put the first 100 rounds through it without any failures before packing it up.

I’m very happy with it and look forward to many more practice sessions with it – it’s a lot of fun.

-Matt

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    welcome to KTOG

3. quickmick7

quickmick7 New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    south florida
    welcome matt...you made a very good choice that you won't regret......is it me or are there alot of new faces lately......

4. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Welcome Matt. You actually have the wrong impression of new KT's, most are great out of the box. Most people come to KTOG if they have a problem for help, so it looks to most new people that the KT is problematic which is not the case at all. Just keep it clean and lubed and you will have a good CCW.

5. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Wecome aboard Matt! Is that 100 rounds without cleaning?

I've got two P3ATs myself and as good as my HC/Gray looks (my other is Blued/Black) I like the Blued/OD combination the most.

Take care...

6. mattraff

mattraff New Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Cool! I cleaned & lubed before firing, but not during.

Nice to meet y'all

7. gilbertfamily2000

gilbertfamily2000 New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Welcome...and carry safely!

GoVols

8. Welcome aboard Matt-

SHOOT... CLEAN....LUBE....REPEAT

9. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Welcome to our little group!

10. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Glad to have you amongst us. Keep the little bugger clean and lubed and you'll continue to be impressed.

11. Cascadedad

Cascadedad New Member

May 28, 2008
    Has anybody said to keep it clean and lubed???  I have heard it so much here I say it in my sleep!  My wife asked me what I am talking about!!!!   [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

12. CCWMan

CCWMan New Member

Aug 5, 2005
    Welcome Matt!

I also have the blued/OD combo. I like the looks of it.

What kind of groups can you shoot? I need to get some of the +1 mag extenders for mine so I can wrap my pinky around it.