New member, maybe a new idea for pocket carry?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by vashooter, Oct 26, 2008.

1. vashooter

vashooter New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Hey everyone, I've been lurking here for quite a while; figured it was about time to contribute something.. I've owned a P3AT for about a year now and have had ZERO failures of any type. It has been great from day one, and I just performed a detailed fluff and buff a few weeks ago. I picked up a crimson trace laser a while back and it came with the leather pocket holster. The holster seemed to work well except when I drew. It would come out of my pocket with the gun still in it. I ended up going to a Red Wing boots store a couple of days later and ran into something called KG's Boot Guard. It is meant to be painted on the toes of leather boots to protect them from wear. It's like a rubbery compound with grit blended in. I painted my brown leather crimson trace holster with it and problem solved!! It's flexible, will not break or crack, bends easily, and will last forever. I figure if it's made to stand up to the wear your work boot toes encounter, your pockets should cause no problem. I took a couple of pics to post but don't see where to attach them??

2. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    create a photobucket or imageshack account, upload pictures there, link them here with the [​IMG]

3. vashooter

vashooter New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Thanks, here it is. Sorry about the quality, took them with a cell phone.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. 99ncxj

99ncxj New Member

Aug 28, 2007
    did you paint the grip on the gun too or is that just a slip on grip?

5. vashooter

vashooter New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    That is a hogue grip that i carved with a dremel. The stuff is thick enough that you could paint it on like a grip with a few coats, but it would be a pain to remove.

6. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    That black on grey is beautiful. Especially with the black accents.

-Scott

7. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    I can see the Crimson Trace markings on the holster. Is that because you only painted a portion of the holster or is the stuff so thin you can see through or between it?

<edit>
    I re-read ... it said brown holster so I guess it's thin enough to see through?
    </edit>

8. Chuckles

Chuckles New Member

Apr 24, 2008
    The lazer comes with holster? I have been thinking about buying one myself, the lazer that is.