New Member - Initial Range Report

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by seattle_p3at, Dec 9, 2007.

1. seattle_p3at

seattle_p3at New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Been lurking on the KTOG for a few weeks and just wanted to say hello to everyone and thanks for all the great advise!!  Purchased two new P3's over the last week and finally got a chance to test them.  Two of the local gun dealers I spoke with just recommended I thoroughly clean with BreakFree CLP, No FNB or break-in slide grease. Shot 100 rounds through each gun (50 Magtech Blue and 50 Winchester White) with no problems.  Had what I though was one failure to fire, but it was operator error - wasn't used to the long trigger pull.  Overall very satisfied with my purchase.  Thanks again KTOG, what a great resource for newbies like me.[​IMG]

2. risabee

risabee Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Very pretty, sir -- bike tire grips? How do you like them?

3. seattle_p3at

seattle_p3at New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Just wanted to give the grips a little more girth.  You know when your only packin 3 inches, it's girth over length  ;).  I put two layers of bike tube under 1 aglaser grip (which is bike tube also).  Can't tell you if it's any better than a naked grip, but seems to work for me.

4. flonder22

flonder22 New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Hello back at ya seattle_p-3at. Nice set you have there. Welcome to KTOG.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

5. Bobo

Bobo Well-Known Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    Welcome!

You did well in adding the grips and finger extensions - they make a difference, especially at the range.

Love that Chrome and Blue combo.

Glad the first run went well - clean-shoot-lube-repeat...

Bobo

6. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    It's not an inner tube. It is a industrial conveyor roller cover tube used in the frozen food handling industry. We make the rollers and cut this material to length for them. It is a different composition....Please get your facts straight before posting.

7. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    I understand your concern. But perhaps a little grace for the new guy.

8. seattle_p3at

seattle_p3at New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    No offense to the aglaser product, I just can't tell the difference. My mountain bike inner tube is the same diameter and thickness, and has 5 ridges which line up identically to the conveyor tube. Your product is cut perfectly to fit the p3at's grip, and would recommend to all. :)

9. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Welcome new guy. Your response shows some real class. Please come back here often.

10. c0wboi38

c0wboi38 New Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Welcome aboard Seattle!!!

Your response shows class in the face of adversity, and also some good knowledge! Clean, lube, shoot, and repeat! Very nice looking weapons, as well!