Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking on the KTOG for a few weeks and just wanted to say hello to everyone and thanks for all the great advise!!  Purchased two new P3's over the last week and finally got a chance to test them.  Two of the local gun dealers I spoke with just recommended I thoroughly clean with BreakFree CLP, No FNB or break-in slide grease. Shot 100 rounds through each gun (50 Magtech Blue and 50 Winchester White) with no problems.  Had what I though was one failure to fire, but it was operator error - wasn't used to the long trigger pull.  Overall very satisfied with my purchase.  Thanks again KTOG, what a great resource for newbies like me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just wanted to give the grips a little more girth.  You know when your only packin 3 inches, it's girth over length  ;).  I put two layers of bike tube under 1 aglaser grip (which is bike tube also).  Can't tell you if it's any better than a naked grip, but seems to work for me.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Welcome!

You did well in adding the grips and finger extensions - they make a difference, especially at the range.

Love that Chrome and Blue combo.

Glad the first run went well - clean-shoot-lube-repeat...

Bobo

·
Registered
754 Posts
seattle_p3at said:
Just wanted to give the grips a little more girth. You know when your only packin 3 inches, it's girth over length ;). I put two layers of bike tube under 1 aglaser grip (which is bike tube also). Can't tell you if it's any better than a naked grip, but seems to work for me.
It's not an inner tube. It is a industrial conveyor roller cover tube used in the frozen food handling industry. We make the rollers and cut this material to length for them. It is a different composition....Please get your facts straight before posting.

·
Registered
225 Posts
sprinter1 said:
It's not an inner tube. It is a industrial conveyor roller cover tube used in the frozen food handling industry.  We make the rollers and cut this material to length for them. It is a different composition....Please get your facts straight before posting.
I understand your concern. But perhaps a little grace for the new guy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sprinter1 said:
It's not an inner tube. It is a industrial conveyor roller cover tube used in the frozen food handling industry. We make the rollers and cut this material to length for them. It is a different composition....Please get your facts straight before posting.
No offense to the aglaser product, I just can't tell the difference. My mountain bike inner tube is the same diameter and thickness, and has 5 ridges which line up identically to the conveyor tube. Your product is cut perfectly to fit the p3at's grip, and would recommend to all. :)

·
Registered
898 Posts
seattle_p3at said:
[quote author=sprinter1 link=1197180434/0#5 date=1197259139]

No offense to the aglaser product, I just can't tell the difference.  My mountain bike inner tube is the same diameter and thickness, and has 5 ridges which line up identically to the conveyor tube.  Your product is cut perfectly to fit the p3at's grip, and would recommend to all. :)
Welcome new guy. Your response shows some real class. Please come back here often.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.