Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Greetings from Ohio. I love the look of that one for sure. How does it shoot for you?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum. Greetings from Ohio. I love the look of that one for sure. How does it shoot for you?
So far so good using decent quality ammo. I've been very light on it so far but still under 500 rd break in period. Only had for few weeks. Thanks for compliment on the looks. Greetings from Cincinnati!

·
Registered
65 Posts
That mod has the most eye appeal of any SU-16 mod I have ever seen.

Details please. How did you do it ? Where did you get the supplies ? What was the process like ?

Oh, and more pictures please.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That mod has the most eye appeal of any SU-16 mod I have ever seen.

Details please. How did you do it ? Where did you get the supplies ? What was the process like ?

Oh, and more pictures please.
I will post more pictures. I am glad you like it. Unfortunately the process to have this done is completed by someone with a hydra coating business. They take a spray activator and spray what they want to dip, then put a film of the pattern you want in a tank of deionized water. It floats on the service. Then they slowly lower the pattern into the tank to transfer the pattern on the stock. But unfortunately it's not real wood, just coated to look like. But it turned out well.

All I did was take it apart and mask what I didnt want coated. Costs like 100 bucks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is absolutely awesome. In fact that is the nicest SU I've ever seen! That could start a revolution against "black" guns!
Haha thats funny. The dip did turn out bery nice. There were endless films to choose from too, then you have to pick what color undertone you want that completely changes look by itself. I kinda wanted a ww2 style. Its not like walnut but still looks like wood but is still light weight as can be!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I will post more pictures. I am glad you like it. Unfortunately the process to have this done is completed by someone with a hydra coating business. They take a spray activator and spray what they want to dip, then put a film of the pattern you want in a tank of deionized water. It floats on the service. Then they slowly lower the pattern into the tank to transfer the pattern on the stock. But unfortunately it's not real wood, just coated to look like. But it turned out well.

All I did was take it apart and mask what I didnt want coated. Costs like 100 bucks
Would love to know where I can send mine in to get it done

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
******* hydrographics in Cincinnati ohio is where i had mine done but im sure sny hydracoat business in any area could dip it. Results could vary of course

1 - 17 of 17 Posts