New Member from Chicago

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by Pinoy1, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Pinoy1

Pinoy1 New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    I've finally signed on to this site! I've been lurking for some time and was going to register the day the site got hacked into.

Unfortunately, I'm from Chicago, which isn't the most gun friendly state. I however have been shooting since I was 7 (almost 30 years of shooting).

My current weapons include:
    Colt Pyton, Glock 19, Springfield Trophy Match, S&W 617, Rossi .32 S&W long (my very first gun).

I'm also a reloader but still use a single stage RCBS press.

The first time I saw a Keltec was when the P3at first came out. I was at a gun store and the guy next to me was looking it over. What caught my attention was when the customer asked about .380 rounds for it. I took a second look and noticed how small it was.

In doing research on the web, I came across this site and have been interested in Keltecs since.

I've been eyeing both the P11 and the P3at. I'm still up in the air between the P3at or the P.32 based on the pros and cons I've read between the two.

This is an excellent resource and every firearms board I'm on refers to this one when someone has any questions.

I look forward to learning more and contributing to this site.

Pinoy1

2. birdman

birdman New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    I guess Chicago got a promotion since I was stationed at Great Lakes. Back then it was only a city in Illinois ;) ;)

Welcome to the board... I have both the P32 and the P-3AT. I carry the .380 for 2 reasons, first the extra oomph you get over the .32 and secondly with the P32 I have experienced the rimlock problem (I know the FLYERWIRE will prevent that.)

Anything a .32acp can do a .380acp can do better...

Allan

3. Pinoy1

Pinoy1 New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    I guess Chicago got a promotion since I was stationed at Great Lakes. Back then it was only a city in Illinois ;)  ;)
    Allan[/quote]

When it comes to gun ownership, Mayor Daley has so much influence, Chicago law may as well call all the shots! ;)

I appreciate your feedback on the p.32 & 3at

4. PETER_S

PETER_S New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Pinoy1...Welcome to this great site. I have the P-11 and love it. Right front pocket carry. I also have an RCBS single stage rockchucker which I have used for reloading for 31 years. I don't do a great volume but love to reload!