new member 1st gun

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by kgwld1, Apr 1, 2009.

1. kgwld1

kgwld1 New Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Well just thought I'd say hi. Bought my first ever guns a p 3at, and a kahr pm 9. I've taking a basic hand gun class, a cpl class and I'm now looking for a advance class. I purchased the guns yesterday but my lovley city won't allow me a purchase permit for three weeks min. I don't have the cpl yet waiting for that or I wouldn't have to do this.anyway thought I'd say hello and enjoy the site.

2. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forums. You will find a lot of good info here and lots of good people also...

John

3. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Welcome. Post some pics of those guns when you can. What city you live in?

4. papajoe

papajoe New Member

Aug 16, 2008
    Welcome aboard, I dont know about the kahr, but I know you will be happy with your first KT purchase,There will be more.

5. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Congrats, show photos when you can, Tom :)

6. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Welcome!

If you've not shot handguns before the two you got might be a little difficult to master. Be patient with yourself and the guns. If you feel that they're not working out for you don't sell them so long as they're reliable you can come back to them later after you've gotten more handgun shooting under your belt.

Take care...

7. kgwld1

kgwld1 New Member

Apr 1, 2009
    I was a newbe but have taken a basic handgun class, the cpl class. I'm now looking for a advance handgun class. I've rented a lot of guns glock 26, sig 29,39, hk 2000 and some others. Oh and the kahr. I haven't shot the kel tec but none of the bothered me. I live I lincoln park

8. Eric_in_Nola

Eric_in_Nola New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Welcome,

Set aside some money as you will likely start purchasing more and more arms, once you get more familiar with what you have your interests may shift.

Personal defense brought me to shooting after being away from it for a long time, then after ensuring that my carry gun (a P3aT) was reliable I dug out my old .22 for some fun now I shoot the .22 as often as possible as it is FUN , then while looking for ammo test data I found http://www.theboxotruth.com/ and got into restoring/refinishing C&R, just yesterday I was considering a new. ..bigger... gun safe so that I can expand my collection.

9. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    Welcome and congrats on your new guns, and a very special congratulation on taking the responsibility for your safety into your own hands! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bobo

10. cm

cm New Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Trenton, MI.
    Hi kgwid1.
    Welcome aboard.
    I live in Trenton, MI. I shoot at Top Gun in Taylor.
    Maybe we can get together some time.
    Charlie.

11. CONNAUGHT

CONNAUGHT New Member

Mar 8, 2009
    Yes, welcome. You've got a great gun and this is a great forum and community. I have found the people and information here to be extremely helpful.

12. kgwld1

kgwld1 New Member

Apr 1, 2009
    I bought my guns from Top gun, I even visited them the other day I bought extra magazines for the guns so I can have 3 for each. This waiting stinks. When I finally get them and break them in will have to get together to shoot. Maybe afterwords i could buy you lunch and you can tell me some ww2 stories.