New KT P3AT owner here

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by AirMech74, Feb 21, 2008.

1. AirMech74

AirMech74 New Member

Feb 21, 2008
    I've been floating around here for a few nights and thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself. I bought my first KT tonight from a coworker. He decided that he wanted a revolver instead so I snatched it up from him before someone else did. I think this lil piece is gonna make a nice lil BUG. Anyways, I hope to learn some pros and cons about this gun on here and look forward to contributing as well. Oh, i'm talkin with a guy that does really good work with Duracoat and GunKote and plan on gettin a "new" look. I will post pics once it gets done.

2. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Wecome AirMech! Looking forward to you posting more about your P3AT.

Take care ...

3. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Welcome to KTOG and congrates on picking up a P3AT.

If you have read any past history you will see that if it has a problem it can usually be resolved with out much difficulty.

If the finish is poor on yours, and you plan to carry, I would recomend that you just carry it for awhile. Mine is blue, and it has lost it's new gun look after being carried nearly constain while clearing land. But I've come to think of it (and a very good K&D holster) like that of a well worn pocket knife, it has charector now and works just as great.

4. gpr

gpr New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    north palm beach
    welcome to the fold... :)...gpr

5. dboat

dboat New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Welcome,

as a newbie myself, I have found this place to be a great place for information and comraderie.

Dana

6. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Glad to have you with us!

7. AirMech74

AirMech74 New Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Hey thanks for the warm welcome guys.

8. eduk8tor

eduk8tor New Member

Feb 10, 2008
    AirMech welcome to the sight! You've come to the right place to learn about your pistol. On the finish, I have to agree with JFB, any gun that is carried 24/7/365 is going to get a new look to its finish, but it's the look of experience and it certainly doesn't change the gun's accuracy or performance, but gives it a little "character", like a good friend you know you can depend on in a tight situation. :cool:

9. AirMech74

AirMech74 New Member

Feb 21, 2008
    I understand perfectly what you guys are saying, and that is how my snubby looks, like its been carried for a while, but this was something I decided to do before I even bought it...lol  I got a look at this one and decided that I just had to have a two tone KT. I don't know why, I just like the way they look.

[​IMG]

10. batwell

batwell New Member

Feb 23, 2008
    I also am a new p3at owner. love it so far. I have been reading the forum about a month, great info,keep up the good work [smiley=dankk2.gif]

11. AirMech74

AirMech74 New Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Ok, I finally got around to taking some pics....these are the "before" pics. I'm hoping to get the slide and clip refinished this week. I'll have some "after" shots when I get it back.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]