Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say I don't know what people are saying when they talk trash on the ksg. I know I got the new version so they have probably worked out the kinks but as long as you rack it like you mean it, it is a fantastic shotgun with amazing features. I recently ordered a shell deflector and wanted to see what ypu guys thoght about my wrap job! Up next is my cheek guard but I wanted to start with a smaller easier piece.
20210324_214923.jpg

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Swyodh- congrats on your KSG acquisition. And welcome to our forum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
(y)

OK, maybe I'm slow, wrap job?
This is the left handed shell deflector from Mcarbo I put gun skins vinyl wrap over it. Next I'm doing my cheek guard! Was just wondering what the community thought about small accents over doing the whole gun.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Swyodh- congrats on your KSG acquisition. And welcome to our forum.
Thank you sir, proud to be one. I've been researching and making sure i purchased the right gun for me. Ksg just has that feel when you rack it back you can protect your God given rights!

·
Registered
325 Posts
This is the left handed shell deflector from Mcarbo I put gun skins vinyl wrap over it. Next I'm doing my cheek guard! Was just wondering what the community thought about small accents over doing the whole gun.
Probably some caveman added some feathers or paint to his stone ax to decorate it.
For most of human history weapons have been seen as intensely personal objects and people want them to be made unique.
This has ranged from highly engraved and inlaid with gold and precious stones, to soldiers carving the stocks of rifles.

So, whether and how to modify a guns appearance is a pure personal decision.
As a personal weapon no one but you needs to like it.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Just a note, make of it what you want and I don't need or want an answer, this is merely for you to think about. If you ever have to use it for self or home defense if it goes to court a skull motif could be used against you. Anything like that is best not put on a gun for SD. If it's purely a range gun I don't think there's any harm in it. But modifying a firearm to make it yours? Go for it. Everyone does that to one extent or another. If the potential for SD is there then you must think about the message it sends to the investigating officers and the prosecutor. In some places if a firearm is used you're already "guilty" to some prosecutors trying to make a name for themselves. If the media gets their hands on the story you'll be tried and convicted in the press even if you're 100% justified.

It's like having to use your firearm for SD and wearing a T-shirt saying "Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out". It's the last impression you want to give the investigating officers because their attitude will color the prosecutors eyes. Everything will be taken into evidence as they investigate the murder because it will start as a murder investigation because they don't know what happened. Why make a steep mountain for yourself that you'll need to pull everyone over especially if they don't want to go there with you?? The message sent is not the one you ever want put out there. But again, range gun? Who cares?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just a note, make of it what you want and I don't need or want an answer, this is merely for you to think about. If you ever have to use it for self or home defense if it goes to court a skull motif could be used against you. Anything like that is best not put on a gun for SD. If it's purely a range gun I don't think there's any harm in it. But modifying a firearm to make it yours? Go for it. Everyone does that to one extent or another. If the potential for SD is there then you must think about the message it sends to the investigating officers and the prosecutor. In some places if a firearm is used you're already "guilty" to some prosecutors trying to make a name for themselves. If the media gets their hands on the story you'll be tried and convicted in the press even if you're 100% justified.

It's like having to use your firearm for SD and wearing a T-shirt saying "Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out". It's the last impression you want to give the investigating officers because their attitude will color the prosecutors eyes. Everything will be taken into evidence as they investigate the murder because it will start as a murder investigation because they don't know what happened. Why make a steep mountain for yourself that you'll need to pull everyone over especially if they don't want to go there with you?? The message sent is not the one you ever want put out there. But again, range gun? Who cares?
That's a thing I thought about for sure. Its why I only did parts that are removable and not the whole gun. This day in age anything and everything can and will be used to make law abiding gun owners look like savages. I appreciate the look out sir!

·
Registered
201 Posts
That's a thing I thought about for sure. Its why I only did parts that are removable and not the whole gun. This day in age anything and everything can and will be used to make law abiding gun owners look like savages. I appreciate the look out sir!
Soooooooo, I was just wondering.....are you going to remove it before an incident or after?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Soooooooo, I was just wondering.....are you going to remove it before an incident or after?
Uh well it's a 15 second pop job before or after, it's just a cheek guard. And I have a sig by my bed it would be my quickest option as I have kids so the ksg is in a safe

·
Registered
325 Posts
What you do to make a gun unique is up to you and your tastes.
The idea that you might "get in trouble" for the appearance if you had to shoot someone is vastly over-hyped and is largely limited to strongly anti-gun cities.
Even then, a "good shoot" legally is a good shoot no matter what the gun looks like.
You run a much higher risk by modifying safety features or trigger operation.

This may not be the case later if you get sued in a civil lawsuit for wrongful death.
Then it may not look good to a jury that's going to get told all about what a monster you are who just executed a poor underprivileged innocent.

In short, decorate a defense gun however you want but use a little common sense.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts