Featured New KSG Owner, Navy Blue.

Discussion in 'KSG Bullpup Shotgun' started by Red_Daemon, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Red_Daemon

Red_Daemon Member

Sep 25, 2017
  2. Michaeljager

Michaeljager Member

Jul 11, 2017

3. dfariswheel

dfariswheel Active Member

Jul 17, 2017
    I see that like me, you went with the Archangel sight unit.

I modified mine to add a Kydex rear sight guard to prevent any damage to the sight.
    It's made of four pieces, two thick for the ears and two thinner strips to act as spacers so the rear sight could be adjusted if needed.

DSCF2338.JPG

Jake likes this.
  4. Red_Daemon

Red_Daemon Member

Sep 25, 2017
    Yea think i saw it on your post somewhere :) Seems to be the best site for the money that is fairly quick to aim.

Good idea on the ears, i may look into that.

5. CharlieB

CharlieB Active Member

May 25, 2014
    Florida
    interesting color

6. BlakeHanson

BlakeHanson Well-Known Member

May 31, 2015
    So did you give it a "blue-job" or the factory? wink.gif

7. Red_Daemon

Red_Daemon Member

Sep 25, 2017
    This is the factory blue job, lol.

8. 62-10

62-10 Active Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Good luck with that handstop...

9. Red_Daemon

Red_Daemon Member

Sep 25, 2017
    Whats wrong with it? There been issues?

10. 62-10

62-10 Active Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Have you shot it yet? That config generally smacks the forward index finger silly. You wouldn't think so, however it does.

11. Red_Daemon

Red_Daemon Member

Sep 25, 2017
    Ahh good to know. I have some extra spacers i bought. Ill try it in this configuration and adjust as needed. Thanks for the heads up.

12. Lumpy53

Lumpy53 Member

Sep 23, 2017
    I had a AFG with a hand stop on it on mine. First time I shot it my left hand was sore for a week. Recoil makes the hand stop hit your hand. My hand hurt worst than my shoulder. Replaced it with a vertical hand grip, feels much better now

softballtwins2 likes this.
  13. Cokeman

Cokeman Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Utah
    I have the Magpul RVG on mine. It's worked great.

14. rjhyland

rjhyland Active Member

Dec 31, 2016
    Nice looking KSG. Congrats!

15. Jake

Jake Member

Sep 23, 2017
    That thing is beautiful and thanks for the info about that sight.

16. Red_Daemon

Red_Daemon Member

Sep 25, 2017
    Ok, finally got it out to the range. Heres what i shot.

Federal Walmart target birdshot ($19.99 / 100), low steel casing. Sitting in garage for 4 years.
    Winchester cheapo brass slug ($11 / 15)
    Surpremo 00 buck brass from Walmart ($9.99 / 25)
    Fiocchi Low recoil 00 buck

This gun hated the steel walmart shot, every 5 shots could get stuck in the chamber after firing. One time it got jammed so hard, i had to push a cleaning rod through to push it out.

Winchester whitebox slug: Flawless, kicked like a mule but had no issues (30 rounds)
    Supremo 00 buck: Flawless, ran smooth as hell, not one hiccup (80 rounds)
    Fiocchi low recoil: Felt like shooting a .22 after everything else. I had 2 failure to ejects, but i may have short shucked as i was getting tired. Ill try it against next range trip first to verify. (30 rounds)

And now lets move on to the magpul hand guard. Yes, it hurts with the slugs, mild pain with the buckshot, no pain with low recoil buckshot. My pointer knuck is slightly bruised. After adjusting my hand back a little from the handguard, i had no issues with it hitting my knuckle. I think my grip tape on the pump helped with this significantly. Without the grip tape, im sure my hand would have hit the nub no matter what.

I think i may play around with the configuration of it so its more conmfortable for range duty. In a home defense situation it wouldnt bother me at all.

Now the sites, they were consistantly shooting low and left. I didnt bring any tools to adjust, but compensating for the sites, the gun was very accurate.

Overall, im very happy with the gun, and very happy that it ate cheapo walmart buckshot without a hiccup.

17. Red_Daemon

Red_Daemon Member

Sep 25, 2017
    Oh also, i brought a limbsaver like device ($9.99 cheapo from walmart). It is pretty much needed if you are shooting slugs. I tried 2-3 slugs and it beat the crap out of my shoulder. Buck and birdshot wasnt too bad.

18. BlakeHanson

BlakeHanson Well-Known Member

May 31, 2015
    :DI feel your pain! ... and did the same nod.gif .

19. Red_Daemon

Red_Daemon Member

Sep 25, 2017
    [​IMG]
    Just a small update, the original hand guard config was really bruising up my hand with Slugs.

After a few different configs, this setup works perfect, great control and no bruised knuckles, even with slugs.