Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
I'm not seeing any broken plastic.

In that entire area the only plastic is the two white magazine followers.
Everything else is either steel or aluminum.

The only other thing I see is the selector lever is missing.
I assume you removed that ??

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh you are correct, it is metal. It is definetly broken
Look at the black piece my arrow is pointing at, and compare to the right corner of the same piece. You can see its sheered off.

Yes i did remove the lever to diagnose the issue.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Same thing with mine brand new right out of the box. I sent it back to KT last December and they fixed that.
Wow crazy, yea same exact issue (and yea, mine was straight out the box). I am having them send me the part. As far as i can tell i just need to knock 1 pin out for the swap. If i fail ill send it in lol..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So i replaced the part, and the failure to feed issue was fixed. But it started to have issues ejecting.

Ended up sending it in and they replaced the bolt carrier, buffed the chamber and other parts, and adjusted something i couldnt quite read.

Just far is seems to be working fine cycling rounds. Now i just need to get her to the range for the real test.

Sucks i had to send it in, but working with keltec was painless and quick.

·
Registered
313 Posts

Broken plastic (edit:metal) there that holds the shell in, broken from the factory.... The other tube feeds fine cause the plastic(edit:metal) is blocking the lip of the shell.
That is what i call the gate. And how did it get broken i wonder... you say from the factory.? You bought it brand new?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was brand new. I was cycling few rounds right when i got it home, and the piece fell on the floor. So it may have been a defective piece that was intact in the box, but broke during cycling.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I am trying to build a data chart for replacement componets for the KSG and am Designing a CNC Machined body for the KSG which will change the overall fit and feel of the KSG. And provide a Truly Combat Tough KSG.

So. Seeing how things broke. Honestly. Helps.

The gate fingers are key to the action of the KSG. And i truly believe the cry babies on the Interweb about the KSG were mechanically inept to know how to properly operate the action. Thus the short stroke cucks. Failure to feeds and so on. And when i finish the redesign. I will have inproved these action features that "king George of KelTec" failed to foresee. I do not fault him. I believe the KSG to be an amazingly beautiful machine full of kinetic and potential energy. And i applaud him. For he uses easy standard whole dimensions which have created a beautiful platform to build up from when i actually do finish it off.

But. My daily life is spent fixing multi million dollar machines. So my free time towards it is to split between life and passion. I imagine as winter comes i will have more free time to finish the ideas and hopefully get a prototype machined for testing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Exactly the same problem I had right out of the box. Right tube functions perfectly but the left tube double feeds on every stroke. So do we have to send the guns in or will they just send us that gate part?
They will send you the part. Its an easy swap.

There is a part lists on their website under ksg, make sure you tell them the exact part that is broken. They initially sent me the wrong part.

·
Registered
6 Posts
They will send you the part. Its an easy swap.

There is a part lists on their website under ksg, make sure you tell them the exact part that is broken. They initially sent me the wrong part.
You know I was just looking at mine and trying to find a break like in your picture but couldn't find any breaks. Do you have to remove the selector switch to see it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok I just took the selector switch off and now I can see my gate is broken. It almost looks like it's worn but you can see it's different from the other side that works fine. Couldn't be worn as I've only run like 50 shells thru it.

·
Registered
510 Posts
On a shotgun that part is technically known as a "Shell stop".

The shell stops on the KSG are stamped steel and likely there's been a problem with the stamping die that causes cracks and breakage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So what is this part called? Is it a "gate" or a shell stop. Since I need to be specific when I communicate with them.
When I go to there site and look for the part, I don't see either of those names.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.