New Keltec P3AT - 380

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by the_enforzer, Aug 29, 2009.

1. the_enforzer

the_enforzer New Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Got a situation here I just bought a p11, p32 and most recently a Alleged New In The Box P3AT

http://www.auctionarms.com/Closed/DisplayItem.cfm?ItemNum=9295001.0, I made this purchase based om my prior purchases and was extremely satisfied.

But upon picking this gun up from my FFL I noticed there was no bill of sale and no paperwok identifying the Gun He shipped to me when I called this seller he took offense when I asked if he could verify the serial # of the Gun he shipped. He said by this question I was saying that he or my FFl sold me a used Gun I made no accusation but my gun has a small notch, looking at the  gun down range on the left side of the slide right behind the front sight and I also notised another notch on the left side on the inside top lip of the ejection port area top rail to me this signifys a possible refurbished piece or one that has been repaired in these mentioned areas the bluing is in tact and unblemished,

My curiosity is the Quality Control for Keltec not particular on its cosmetic apperances on New Guns. besides the mentioned normally a new gun has a good amount of cosmopline like my other keltecs arrived New In Box.

My p3at was somewhat dry- unusual I also noticed that it had a good amount of powder build up in the barrel that had been there for awhile.

In addition to this around the firing pin housing somone used a wire brush and  removed some of the bluing.

I think my gun is fine I would be ok if I was told upfront that this was a rconditioned Gun and for the seller to be so offensive and too busy to assist. Makes me wonder what kind of sham is this guy pullling.

I plan to follow up with Keltec Monday and they should be able to tell me if this was a New unit or something that has been sold as a reconditioned piece. I hope they will replace my slide with a new one?.

I expected New because thats what I payed for , What would you guys do in my case?.

If you would prefer to call I can be reached at 816-853-4227. I really want the gun I just dont think I got what I payed for and I even left the seller good feedback before he has done the same for me.

This is the first time I ever bought a gun where the seller did not help and refused to provide assistance or a reciept or bill of sale.

I have been working on this issue for about 8 hrs now and just don't see how I can say this is ok?  

2. brainwayne

brainwayne New Member

Jan 25, 2009
    I would start with the paperwork. All transactions should have a reciept with the serial number recorded. Am I wrong? Also, can you edit the feedback or post new feedback on the seller? To me, the paperwork issue would take priority.

3. the_enforzer

the_enforzer New Member

Aug 8, 2009

Yes I'm already on the Paper Work Issue the Seller refuses to provide any records or verify any information I'm going to start pursue Keltec It is apparent this seller is getting a quanity of Keltec Guns and basically your stuck with what ever he sends. I ignored the red sign any seller with all these prerequisites is not really fitting a customer satisfaction mode . I hope Keltec can clear this mess up.

4. brainwayne

brainwayne New Member

Jan 25, 2009
    I don't understand...aren't there legal issues regarding paperwork?

5. the_enforzer

the_enforzer New Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Yes the only requirement from my knowlege that the the seller or the tranferree dealer is to make sure that the serial #'s and to & from are recorded and the actual buyer meet all FFL requirements.

Buit it is a good practice to provide bill of sale & serial #'s to buyer without being asked. This is the first time I have been treated this way by a seller he actually insinuated that my local dealer may have done a switch aroo with barrel and slide which I didn't appraciate my Local dealer is a stand up guy and runs a first class Operation and I would not hesitate or even think twice about the shadyness the seller on my p3at insinuated also accusing him of shadyness also but his reluctance to produce information sure sends out a big Red Flag .

So I'm left to deal with Keltec in the Am on Monday first thing.

6. brainwayne

brainwayne New Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Well, tell us who you bought it from so the rest of us don't give him any of our business.

7. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    just to help you decide how old the pistol may be,
    serial number KBT00 was made July 2009 and would have been at retailers this month.

If i recall, both my P3AT and P32 came dry and DIRTY. There was definately NO cosmoline nor shipping oil on them and they had been fired

8. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    here is the link to the aution stated in post 1
    http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=9295001.0
    the pic shown show looks like a 1G, which would be a real find it "NIB"

9. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    Same here, all 3 of my KelTecs came dry and dirty. Looked like they had been fired also. Took em home, cleaned and oiled them before shooting.

Roach

10. GoldenLoki

GoldenLoki New Member

Dec 6, 2008
    A few random thoughts:

>:( Bad sellers should be tasered not only because they stick it to the buyer, but because they muck things up for other sellers.

:-? By Auction Arms rules you have three days to inspect and return the P3AT.

:) Cosmetic finish has never been a Kel-Tec selling point

:-? I don't understand your obsession with a bill of sale. Federal firearms record requirements create plenty of paper trail showing you are the owner. I don't see how having one would help you in your situation. Maybe match the serial number? That having been said, the seller should give you one when you asked, or at the very minimum verify the serial number.

:-/ The seller revealed that he is "too busy" to provide good service with his requirements that you send in a paper FFL in the same envelope as the payment. A clear indicator that he wouldn't be going the extra mile for you.

:D You got a good price, even if the gun was played with a little by someone (advance knowledge that someone played with it would have been appropriate)

;) The BUYER should always leave feedback first. In my view the transaction isn't over until they (the buyer) are satisfied with the deal (and thus leave feedback)

;) Generally speaking about auction sites it is better to deal with vendors who have more than 8 feedback and only buy where pictures of the actual item are provided.

;) When evaluating a seller ask a question you already know the answer to. This lets you see if they are too "busy" to be bothered, it also helps you determine a little something about their character. If they state they don't know, you are probably dealing with an honest seller. If they give you a BS answer you might wanna move on. If they give you a clear, concise, and correct answer... you probably stumbled upon one of MY auctions  ;D

Good luck with your P-3AT  

11. the_enforzer

the_enforzer New Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Excellent Post, I have moved on from that particular P3at, I'm thinking about buying another or just making do with my p11, p32 the advantage of the 380 is that it has almost twice the muzzle energy of the p32 and the 32 ammo is a little cheaper and easier to get.

By the way what is your seller handle on which sites?.

Going to go the extra mile doing my homework on the next p3at purchase!

12. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    I think this is the gun from the auction link

[​IMG]

Did you get a FIRST Generation?

13. GoldenLoki

GoldenLoki New Member

Dec 6, 2008
    GoldenLoki on Gunbroker.com
    No firearms currently listed, mostly work on other peoples guns.

Best, GL

14. the_enforzer

the_enforzer New Member

Aug 8, 2009
    That is the picture he lists on his Auction Arms and Gunbroker Listings if he lists picture at all, There has to be a snare why he is selling so many so cheap.

The p3at I use to own was a Second Generation Gun.

Seriously just thinking of making do with my p32, p11 and invest into 32 ammo, Money is getting tight right now anyway probabally happened for the best?

15. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Did I miss something, some where?

Did you get a 1G?

16. the_enforzer

the_enforzer New Member

Aug 8, 2009
    No it was a second generation gun that I received from the auction, Which I do not own anymore, Now possibily considering another p3at or just settling with my my p11, p32.

17. the_enforzer

the_enforzer New Member

Aug 8, 2009
    I think I'll pass on this one,

link removed

18. the_enforzer

the_enforzer New Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Thanks to my Local Dealer I'm back in the saddle and a Happy Camper p32,p3AT, p11

19. GoldenLoki

GoldenLoki New Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Hope this one works out for you.

One thing I can say for sure about the_enforzer, you certainly don't procrastinate when it comes to moving guns :)

GL

20. WesKCMO

WesKCMO New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Too bad he had to deal with the misfortune of buying from such a shady seller. There are good ones out there. I just got a new P3AT on gunbroker for $250... shipping included... with like 400 positive reviews on the seller.