Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
21 - 40 of 253 Posts

· Registered
1,337 Posts
love all the speculation… and no one’s even had a chance to shoot it. The ktog is my favorite corner of the internet for gun dude community.

Do you think at Keltec the design teams white board had a corner with Ktog rants heading listing all our hopes and dreams?

As cool as new keltec stuff is, I think the other message here is now it time to pick up that second P32 before they’re gone…I like my pf9 for carry compactness and have sentimental attachments as it was my first ccw gun, but it’s not a favorite to shoot. Won’t run out to find a second for my collection, P3AT was a cool design for it’s time but I’m good on .380. I just hope this new model runs and has no issues so the rest of the world will recognize Keltec is awesome.

· Administrator
31,571 Posts
As cool as new keltec stuff is, I think the other message here is now it time to pick up that second P32 before they’re gone…
From what I've seen, KT says they're discontinuing the PF9 and P3AT, not the P32. That leaves the P32 their only remaining pocket gun. With no competition from the P3AT, P32 sales will probably increase. I think it will stick around.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Kel-Tec Forum mobile app

Reactions: Bear Claw

· Registered
205 Posts
I'll definitely take a look at a P15, if one shows up at a local gun store. I've owned many of the company's center fire handguns (double digits I think), plus a Sub2k , and every single one of them has been affordable and RELIABLE. Based on what I've read around here, I've been a lot more reluctant to invest in a KT rimfire, shotgun or rifle caliber long gun...

· Registered
1,294 Posts
I'll definitely take a look at a P15, if one shows up at a local gun store. I've owned many of the company's center fire handguns (double digits I think), plus a Sub2k , and every single one of them has been affordable and RELIABLE. Based on what I've read around here, I've been a lot more reluctant to invest in a KT rimfire, shotgun or rifle caliber long gun...
I love my CMRs and my PMR. It does take a little extra care to keep them reliable, but, man, are they fun to shoot! It's just amazingly hard to make a super reliable rimfire semi-automatic (as Ruger and Remington will tell you) especially double stack, but Kel-tec has come the closest to doing it.

· Registered
738 Posts
was doing some range time with my P11 and really disliking the long reset and again thinking of selling it to help pay for a different micro 9mm.... with aftermarket springs, everything else is good, but having to almost fully take my finger off the trigger to reset I do not like.
I'm OK with a grip safety on 1911's so...

· Premium Member
5,045 Posts
Quite obviously not, but it IS one more thing that can go wrong with the firearm. Overengineering.
Grip safeties on handguns have been around since the lemon squeezer and haven't caused any major problems. They are still a feature on many guns yet today, from the XD to the venerable 1911, and if it were such a big problem they would have gone away by now. Grip safety is a technology that has a 150-year-old track record of success.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

· Registered
754 Posts
Grip safeties on handguns have been around since the lemon squeezer and haven't caused any major problems. They are still a feature on many guns yet today, from the XD to the venerable 1911, and if it were such a big problem they would have gone away by now. Grip safety is a technology that has a 150-year-old track record of success.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)
I hear what you're saying, but they still present an extra chance for something to break and render it useless, and it has happened. I won't have any firearm with a grip safety on it, don't even like any safety at all, really.

· Registered
9,017 Posts
One of the things I like about the P11 is the simplicity. There are a minimum of parts. Well, since it will function just fine without the ejector they could maybe have saved the ejector, pin & drilling step.

Also a broken off ejector tip can in rare instances lock up a slide. BTDT, PITA to get it apart.

On subject, my first impression of the P15 was that the grip looked like a cheese grater coated with 80 grit, ouch, & what is that thing sticking out of the back of the grip. Second thought was, "that barrel looks a bit long."

Maybe in person or with good photos it might look better. :unsure:

· Registered
4,451 Posts
I saw the ad for their new gun.
I'm not opposed to trying it out and I'd give it a fair shake.
The grip safety is a meh from me.
Not excited about it, not turned off by it either though.

· Registered
81 Posts
I really wish manufacturers would make their slides compatible with Glock sights, whenever possible. That makes finding and fitting the aiming system of your own choice easy and usually economical. If you call or email a sight manufacturer and ask them, "Do you have sights for my Keltec PXX?" they will generally respond with, "We MAY start making them if we get enough requests."

· Registered
9,017 Posts
Rough measure on my P11, this is a half inch longer, 3/4 inch taller & an eighth narrower. 3 more rounds, 2 inches more barrel & a half oz lighter.

They put a lot in this package.

· Registered
205 Posts
P15 - KelTec

OVERALL LENGTH
6.6in
168mm
Kel-Tec states elsewhere that the P15 is "7.4 inches long". Maybe the 6.6" figure is for the future "compact" version - or the 7.4" figure is for the future "long slide" version...
;>)

21 - 40 of 253 Posts