Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
181 - 200 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
They are taking way too long. Even the excitement in this thread has died down. Kel-Tec missed a great opportunity to capitalize on the excitement.
true. I have spent the money I ha put aside twice now. And more. Got a 7 x16 lathe and started learning how to machine. Always wanted to ever since I got to see the machines in shop back in high school. Of course being in college prep, we were not allowed to learn them..... utube is a godsend. If you want to start out go watch https://www.youtube.com/c/Blondihacks and open your wallet. at 69 and 3/4 it's gettingf late but what a brain exercising challenge

·
Premium Member
5,035 Posts
Has the factory indicated when they expect to start shipping the P15 in respectable quantities?
Rumor has it scheduled for 2052 or right after we finally get a stable, true power-positive, nuclear fusion power plant, which ever comes last.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
725 Posts
they were late to the table with the p15 and quick to kill off their competing models from their own line. I guess the plan was to move demand to the new P15 but to do that you need to have the new P15 ready to feed that demand. The longer it is delayed means people with $ in hand go to competing pistols even as the fevered buying and short supply starts to wain. Now the P15 is looking at a much less favorable market. might I still buy one, probably, but I wanted the aluminum frame ans would have been willing to pay the MSRP. now, not so much. i'll wait till they drop prices to stimulate sales

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think at first they were targeting Q2 but now it’s switched to late summer…thus September but realistically by the time you’ll actually get your hands on one it’ll be end of the year 🫤 Meanwhile the SIG P365 Macro 17+1 is looking more and more appealing 😱

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
I think at first they were targeting Q2 but now it’s switched to late summer…thus September but realistically by the time you’ll actually get your hands on one it’ll be end of the year 🫤 Meanwhile the SIG P365 Macro 17+1 is looking more and more appealing 😱
If we're REALLY talking "realistically", at least for me, it'll probably be more like mid-2023 before I even SEE one in person. Still on the fence as to whether or not I actually wanna buy one ... mainly because I'm reluctant to be a beta-tester for the first "wave" of pistols sold before they get the initial production bugs worked out, particularly with pistols that I'm looking at for the purpose of concealed carry and/or home defense. (With just-for-giggles range toys, I can give a little bit on reliability, but if it's a jam-o-matic, it's not fun.)

·
Registered
725 Posts
spoke with Keltec yesterday and the aluminum frame model does not have a release date at this time. I think they are going to be trying to sell into a pretty saturated market having missed the great covid frenzy opportunity....

·
Premium Member
5,035 Posts
spoke with Keltec yesterday and the aluminum frame model does not have a release date at this time. I think they are going to be trying to sell into a pretty saturated market having missed the great covid frenzy opportunity....
I know that I got tired of waiting for them to replace the discontinued P11 with whatever they were going to (ended up being the P15). I ended up buying the Mossberg but it could have just as easily been any of the competitors ranging from the Sig P365 down to the SCCY DVG1. I can't believe that I'm the only one which KT has missed out selling to.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
16 Posts
FWIW through some searching, i found the following UPC #s for the P15
  • P15 Black Polymer - UPC 640832008777
  • P15 Black Metal - UPC 640832008784
No one has it in stock yet, but it looks like the pre-sale posted prices are running $320-350 for the all-polymer and ~$550-650 for the metal. Those are just posted prices, so take that with a large rock of salt.

·
Premium Member
5,035 Posts
FWIW through some searching, i found the following UPC #s for the P15
  • P15 Black Polymer - UPC 640832008777
  • P15 Black Metal - UPC 640832008784
No one has it in stock yet, but it looks like the pre-sale posted prices are running $320-350 for the all-polymer and ~$550-650 for the metal. Those are just posted prices, so take that with a large rock of salt.
When you say "pre-sale price" do you mean that's the Dealer/wholesale price?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I cant wait to see the range reports from real users. Youtube guys ok but most are just helping sales. Reports from forum members are where thr rubber meets the road. The metal vesrion has my interest. At about 16 ounces and proably an inch wide with those grips i would be willing to take a long look.

The fact that they are takung so long does concern me. Are their performances issues we need to now about?
After shooting the p17 so much i wish they would have madr it with paddle mag release.
Those paddle mag releases are super convenient, allows quick mag release without breaking grip, dont ever have to worry about inadvertently dislodging mag while carrying. I have grown to like it so much i started looking at H&k but wow the weight and cost.

·
Grand Poobah
1,420 Posts
true. I have spent the money I ha put aside twice now. And more. Got a 7 x16 lathe and started learning how to machine. Always wanted to ever since I got to see the machines in shop back in high school. Of course being in college prep, we were not allowed to learn them..... utube is a godsend. If you want to start out go watch https://www.youtube.com/c/Blondihacks and open your wallet. at 69 and 3/4 it's gettingf late but what a brain exercising challenge
One of the closest things I've ever had to a religious experience was visiting the machine shop of a manufacturer of scientific equipment while they were making parts for instruments I use daily in the lab. I don't know why educators consider working with your brain and working with your hands (or machines) to be mutually incompatible. I presume most people would consider Antonio Stradivari to have been highly intelligent, and he's far from the only example.

To keep this on topic, if I buy one, I am going to wait for one of the metal-framed ones. My S&W 59 flavor SUB 9 needs a little aluminum friend.

buzzsaw

·
Premium Member
5,035 Posts
The fact that they are takung so long does concern me. Are their performances issues we need to now about?
It doesn't concern me at all. It's par for the course for Kel Tec.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
The fact that they are taking so long does concern me. Are their performances issues we need to now about?
If there ARE performance issues that are delaying the debut, would you not PREFER that they work out any/all bugs BEFORE they release it?
I know I'd prefer not being a 'Beta Test' subject for an issue that could have been resolved before the debut. ;)

Reactions: AbelianMonoid

·
Registered
725 Posts
If there ARE performance issues that are delaying the debut, would you not PREFER that they work out any/all bugs BEFORE they release it?
I know I'd prefer not being a 'Beta Test' subject for an issue that could have been resolved before the debut. ;)
please, no voices of reason. this is the internet:LOL:

181 - 200 of 233 Posts