Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
387 Posts
They probably should consider engaging at social media, although I heard that Facebook was hemorrhaging users badly in the U.S. and may be in a terminal decline. Meta, owners of Facebook, also own Instagram, which goes strong.

· Registered
387 Posts
so you're saying the 30SC needs to be in a gun built to handle 9mm and more stress?
S&W released a 9EZ modified for 30SC, so clearly they thought it was safe enough. Their release of Shield Plus in 30SC is delayed, but I don't think it's because of safety concerns. So guns at least that big work okay, with a proper metallurgy.

· Registered
387 Posts
One unique feature is a 4 position safety setting that is internal to the gun (remove slide to adjust). This allows you to activate/deactivate the Grip safety, or internal mag safety, or both.
I find the grip safety useful in that it enhances the safety of the handling of the gun in a material way, although it is mostly applicable to users who handle the guns a lot, e.g. transfer them from holster to holster every time they return from work. I just wish someone like George came up with an equivalent of SCD for Glock. Grip safety does nothing to prevent a discharge when holstering, and statistically those are more common than discharges when gun is dropped, which it does prevent.

To disable the magazine disconnect is extremely useful for dry-fire practice. I defeated it on my Beretta 84 purely for that reason (that gun has a way to do it that Beretta did at the factory, as ordered). I am, however, curious if P15 can be disassembled without pulling the trigger. If magazine safety is not defeated, how does this all work?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts