Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,294 Posts
Might be hard to pocket carry with a 15 round extended magazine. I've been looking for a "light and thin" 9mm for pocket carry, but 15 rounds? If it's double stacked, then it's not the lightest and thinnest. Hopefully it will come with a choice of mags.

· Registered
1,294 Posts
Yea I'm wondering too, and thinking "Lightest and Thinest of it's Kind" means lightest, thinest double stack? Surely there will be a flush fit mag but even still, that's not going in my pocket. I can't figure how a 15 rd double stack replaces the PF9, let alone the P3AT. Go figure...

Sent from my SM-T820 using Kel-Tec Forum mobile app
Yes, I would love to get a PF9, but I've never seen one for sale, new or used. Don't want a .32 cal because the ammo doesn't exist in my area. Same with .380.

· Registered
1,294 Posts
I'll definitely take a look at a P15, if one shows up at a local gun store. I've owned many of the company's center fire handguns (double digits I think), plus a Sub2k , and every single one of them has been affordable and RELIABLE. Based on what I've read around here, I've been a lot more reluctant to invest in a KT rimfire, shotgun or rifle caliber long gun...
I love my CMRs and my PMR. It does take a little extra care to keep them reliable, but, man, are they fun to shoot! It's just amazingly hard to make a super reliable rimfire semi-automatic (as Ruger and Remington will tell you) especially double stack, but Kel-tec has come the closest to doing it.

· Registered
1,294 Posts
This must be the most popular new release from Kel-Tec ever, We are seeing members post that have apparently not been heard from in a long time. That's great!

· Registered
1,294 Posts
I would appreciate a threaded barrel option as well, although I'd like to have both given the unthreaded length stretches the limits of pocket carryability (my wife hates when we go shopping and my most important factor in pants/shorts buying is the size and depth of the pockets).

So MSRP is $425 for polymer - what are we thinking online retail will be? $350?
In this day and age, probably $550.

· Registered
1,294 Posts
Well, Kel-Tec was established as a company that produced compact, center-fire handguns. I think the last design meeting that description was introduced in 2006 - fifteen years ago. Maybe some of the customers who helped make the company successful 'back in the day', but who maybe weren't interested in rimfires or "Star Wars"-style firearms, now have a new Kel-Tec to consider...
When you see a name from 2004 who hasn't shown any activity since 2012, it makes you wonder if the covid got them. I'm just glad to see their names again for whatever reason.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts