Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New here first time owning a keltec or anything in the rifle caliber bought a PLR-16 on gunbroker BNIB, i only have had one pistol in my life my Smith & Wesson SW40VE, Im really looking to learn new things like good deals on ammo and accessories.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I learned some very valuable info in just one thread here. Convinced me to buy, convinced me to join the forum. Also convinced me to buy some heavy-duty eargear.

·
Registered
322 Posts
The ones I've seen in person, yes. Louder. I just got mine, and haven't gone to the range yet.
throw a muzzle brake on it and it gets ridiculous

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Welcome!

The noise is not as bad for the shooter as it is for the poor sap to the left or right of the shooter. You do not want to be beside a plr 16. Behind is much, much better.

Ammo is simple: use brass cased stuff. PMC is pretty good and most places have it.

accessories are whatever you want. My gun just has a scope and AR-15 mags. I bought the handguard but took it off -- it just traps heat, adds weight, and since I could not use the VFG it was pointless. You can do just about anything to them that can be done to a full sized AR type gun, if you are into all that.

While it is technically a pistol, it is so much larger than typical handguns that you should not really use it to learn about handguns. You will have to do things with the plr to deal with the extra weight and bulk that make it atypical of handguns and handgun shooting, unless you are extremely strong.

·
Registered
322 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
If I might ask, what compelled you to make the PLR 16 your second pistol? No disrespect ment was just wondering what you had planned for your new pistol, fun, economey, zombies, protection. I've been thinking about one myself, hope you enjoy your new pistol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
If I might ask, what compelled you to make the PLR 16 your second pistol? No disrespect ment was just wondering what you had planned for your new pistol, fun, economey, zombies, protection. I've been thinking about one myself, hope you enjoy your new pistol.
I was at the local gun shop that had an ar15 FOR $825 and i loved it, but when i got home to do research on it i found the PLR-16 and after about 1 month of reviewing and searching and youtube videos i fell in love got it for $455 on gunbroker website, many will be for defense of the home but will also be my range toy. I really dont want anymore guns but might JUST MIGHT buy an AK47 i just really want any reliable .308

·
Super Moderator
9,974 Posts
I was at the local gun shop that had an ar15 FOR $825 and i loved it, but when i got home to do research on it i found the PLR-16 and after about 1 month of reviewing and searching and youtube videos i fell in love got it for $455 on gunbroker website, many will be for defense of the home but will also be my range toy. I really dont want anymore guns but might JUST MIGHT buy an AK47 i just really want any reliable .308
TRANSLATION: The PLR-16 is a gateway drug. Two years tops, and this poor guy will be destitute in the gutter, no longer a functioning member of society, strung out on his gun addiction.

:D

·
Registered
322 Posts
a henry 308? hell yeah

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
well, mine is a browning. I do not know if henry makes one or not, or who else may for that matter. Naturally, the browning is not cheap for a rifle BUT it is a heck of a lot less than a new gun in the AR platform chambered for 308.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts