Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Man what a ****er. I've had mine over a month now and keep spending money like it grows on trees on the damn thing. My front sight is crooked, came from the factory that way, kinda sucks so today I ordered the Red Lion Precision front sight, $92 after shipping and will put a Truglo Tritium Front Sight post. I tried a reflex sight but I have astigmitism in my eyes and that does not work with those sights. It's fun playing with it and one day I guess the "project" will be completed, we'll see. Wish you luck with Kel-Tec service.
I know what you mean. I went over board. After I got the gun, I placed 4 orders from Mcarbo in a span of maybe 3 days. Plus a sling, different range bag, red dot sight, extra glock mags, speed loader and so on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Looks like someone didn't torque down the screws. Little consolation to you though. It sucks, but they'll make it right. You could have too, but why should you when it's under warranty? As already mentioned it's a PITA to take apart and get back together.

Once you get it back you'll like it and KelTec service is really good. Can't tell you about turn around since it all depends on what's ahead of it.
I really thought about taking it apart myself but I think something is broke or bent inside it. Plus the grips being gapped is not good. I hated sending in for warranty repair after so little use but it’s on them to fix it. Hopefully it won’t take long.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Kel Tec got my gun today and created a work order for it. I did go ahead and buy the rest of the Mcarbo Upgrades. May as well go all the way with it and hopefully have no issues or ever have to take it apart. Now with all the Mcarbo stuff and other stuff I purchased for it, thats gonna make my gun worth, well cost about 1200.00, NO joke.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I finally get my Sub 2000 back this coming Friday on 09-04-2020, my plan is to take it to an indoor range to
test it out before taking it apart and installing all the Mcarbo upgrades.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Now with all the Mcarbo stuff and other stuff I purchased for it, thats gonna make my gun worth, well cost about 1200.00, NO joke.
:D

I believe it. And if you go to sell it a large portion of the $ spent will be lost. That's just the way it is in my experience. :eek:

Decades ago I converted a 870 Wingmaster to a "Tactical" shotgun. Maybe if a well known name had done the work it would be worth more today, but after the mods I recently put it on consignment and it was suggested the price to put on it. Needless to say it's much less than what it cost me to build those decades ago. It's in really good condition.

We mod' firearms for ourselves to make them better for us. We give them away when we part with them. Some parts like triggers and such, well, every firearm is supposed to have a trigger right? And the $300 trigger that was put in it qualifies. I could go on but you get the idea.

Heck, I'm the same way. I would balk at a $3000 price tag for a gun out of the glass cabinet, but to buy the base gun and have it modded, reaching the same $ level, yeah, I can do that. It makes no sense to me either. Maybe I can better lie to myself about the cost when it isn't in one lump sum.

That's not to say that firearms are poor investments. Some of them can be.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hmmm... 2 pulls to fire the gun... After you pull the trigger the first time there's a waiting period before the second pull fires the gun. Sounds like you got the prototype for the Sub-2000 K-T hopes to sell in the People's Republik of Kalifornia or the Democratic State of Taxachusetts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
:D

I believe it. And if you go to sell it a large portion of the $ spent will be lost. That's just the way it is in my experience. :eek:

Decades ago I converted a 870 Wingmaster to a "Tactical" shotgun. Maybe if a well known name had done the work it would be worth more today, but after the mods I recently put it on consignment and it was suggested the price to put on it. Needless to say it's much less than what it cost me to build those decades ago. It's in really good condition.

We mod' firearms for ourselves to make them better for us. We give them away when we part with them. Some parts like triggers and such, well, every firearm is supposed to have a trigger right? And the $300 trigger that was put in it qualifies. I could go on but you get the idea.

Heck, I'm the same way. I would balk at a $3000 price tag for a gun out of the glass cabinet, but to buy the base gun and have it modded, reaching the same $ level, yeah, I can do that. It makes no sense to me either. Maybe I can better lie to myself about the cost when it isn't in one lump sum.

That's not to say that firearms are poor investments. Some of them can be.
Absolutely ALL true !! And us men
do the same modding to our vehicles.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hmmm... 2 pulls to fire the gun... After you pull the trigger the first time there's a waiting period before the second pull fires the gun. Sounds like you got the prototype for the Sub-2000 K-T hopes to sell in the People's Republik of Kalifornia or the Democratic State of Taxachusetts.
Thats pretty funny, I like that !

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Got my Sub 2000 today, went to the range and shot at least 100 rounds through it. NO ISSUES, all is good!! The repair ticket that Kel Tec sent me said, “Replaced The Sear Axis”
Anyway, let the modifications begin !!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Finally got all the Mcarbo upgrades done. It was NOT a fun process and certainly had problems. I wrote a longer post about it on the Mcarbo forum just now. But I love the new look and looking forward to testing it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently picked up a black Sub2k gen 2 at a nearby shop (pre-owned, but has never been a problem at this place previously), put about 50 rds through it before I got home and noticed the hinge had cracked. Perhaps it was hairline when I purchased it but it literally broke in 2 after trying to carefully put it back in its folded position.

I figured I probably wouldnt get any offer for the work to be covered by warranty (and I didnt), but what frustrates me is the shop I bought it from also tried contacting KT to see what could be done and they were told they knew of no issue regarding the hinge cracking and thus it could not be covered whatsoever by the warranty. They essentially said it was something I did wrong. Not the best first experience with their customer service, to be honest.

·
Registered
209 Posts
There have been many reports of S2Ks breaking. AFAIK, they were all non-black. I'd recommend contacting Kel-Tec directly. I have no personal experience, but many others have reported outstanding customer service. I'd be surprised if your experience is different. That said, best of luck!

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I recently picked up a black Sub2k gen 2 at a nearby shop (pre-owned, but has never been a problem at this place previously), put about 50 rds through it before I got home and noticed the hinge had cracked. Perhaps it was hairline when I purchased it but it literally broke in 2 after trying to carefully put it back in its folded position.

I figured I probably wouldnt get any offer for the work to be covered by warranty (and I didnt), but what frustrates me is the shop I bought it from also tried contacting KT to see what could be done and they were told they knew of no issue regarding the hinge cracking and thus it could not be covered whatsoever by the warranty. They essentially said it was something I did wrong. Not the best first experience with their customer service, to be honest.

Mine has been in there 2 different times and they still haven't fixed what it was sent in for on the first visit. Today I went to the range and tried shooting 5 different magazines with 3 rounds each. I used 7 different types of ammo. Only one type of ammo ejected on the last round of 7 different kinds. Want one even better, it cracked the brand new feed ramp they put in it on the last visit.

Attachments

21 - 36 of 36 Posts