Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I’m new on here. I’m not gonna ramble on. Anyway, purchased the Sub 2000 Brand New from a gun shop last week. Did allot of researching about it, ended up buying about 95 percent of ALL the MCARBO UPGRADES, without even shooting this rifle once. Today I finally got to test it out at a indoor range. My Sub 2000 was still Factory Stock. I got to fire off about 40 rounds and then it stopped firing. I tried different magazines, messed with it numerous times for about 20min. Then figured out, for some reason I now had to pull the trigger TWICE before it would fire!!! Any idea whats causing that ??? Thank you for any replies.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Mmmm... that sounds like a Kel Tec warranty issue. I've never had to go that route, but others on here report exceptional service from Kel Tec. I'd suggest going that route. I believe they might install your MCARBO parts for a fee... possibly worthwhile, depending on how much. I split my S2K open once. It's a PITA - not made for disassembly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mmmm... that sounds like a Kel Tec warranty issue. I've never had to go that route, but others on here report exceptional service from Kel Tec. I'd suggest going that route. I believe they might install your MCARBO parts for a fee... possibly worthwhile, depending on how much. I split my S2K open once. It's a PITA - not made for disassembly.
I was actually just in the process of filling out Kel Tecs support form, letting them know whats going on. This absolutely SUCKS !! Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I was actually just in the process of filling out Kel Tecs support form, letting them know whats going on. This absolutely SUCKS !! Thanks for your reply.
You're welcome and good luck. I've not heard of an issue like you reported. I'm sure Kel Tec will take care of it, but it is certainly an inconvenience. The biggest issues I've heard of, although not for quite a few months (maybe due to ammo shortage) is some of the non-black receivers cracking in half. Yeah, I'm serious. Fortunately, mine's black.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I seen one post on YouTube a guy had one crack in half. Thats not good. Mines BLACK. Still my issue is very big inconvenience. I first had to OVER pay to get this gun. Then I spent WAY to much to upgraded for me. Drove 25 miles to the range today, paid for an hour and only got about 20min of shooting out of it. VERY frustrated !!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're welcome and good luck. I've not heard of an issue like you reported. I'm sure Kel Tec will take care of it, but it is certainly an inconvenience. The biggest issues I've heard of, although not for quite a few months (maybe due to ammo shortage) is some of the non-black receivers cracking in half. Yeah, I'm serious. Fortunately, mine's black.
Are you the “Gold Wing” Steve Saunders guy ???

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It’s very concerning to me. The guys at the MCARBO Forum suggested I send it to Kel Tec for warranty work.
Which either ways suKs because I’ve already invested allot of money in this thing. And I was hoping to get all the Mcarbo stuff installed by next weekend. Now that ain’t gonna happen !!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ok, so I’m new on here. I’m not gonna ramble on. Anyway, purchased the Sub 2000 Brand New from a gun shop last week. Did allot of researching about it, ended up buying about 95 percent of ALL the MCARBO UPGRADES, without even shooting this rifle once. Today I finally got to test it out at a indoor range. My Sub 2000 was still Factory Stock. I got to fire off about 40 rounds and then it stopped firing. I tried different magazines, messed with it numerous times for about 20min. Then figured out, for some reason I now had to pull the trigger TWICE before it would fire!!! Any idea whats causing that ??? Thank you for any replies.
Call Kel-Tec support they great
They will send you a UPS return ticket and will repair it ASAP

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just today, Kel Tec finally sent me a prepaid Fedex shipment label. The trigger actually got worse just by me trying it several times. It ended up just clicking. I made a really short video last night, posted it on YouTube for the guys at Mcarbo Forum. “SUB 2000 Trigger, Hammer Issue” by workharddieproud. Also, the grip at both ends / sides are gapped. My other order from Mcarbo is late, my Sub 2000 is on the way to Kel Tec for warranty work, just after about 40 rounds, SAD !! So I’m gonna have to install all that stuff myself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Maybe they'll just swapit out for a new one. Looks pretty poor assembly. I gotmine May 1st and I haven't shot it a ton it seems solid. putting all the upgrades ought to be fun not a burden.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They might but I’m figuring they’ll just repair it. The all of about 15 min or so I got to shoot it, it was fun, accurate for sure !!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I found that my gun fits in a computer case with just the end of the barrel sticking out about an inch.If you didn't know a gun was in there it looks like I'm carrying a laptop. But hey I hope it gets fixed quick. What other upgrades did you purchase and why? I held back to see how things went. The only mod I did was drilling the peep sight out to 1/8th inch, much better. Oh yeah I also ordered a sling off Amazon with two rings that attach to the rail front and rear. Behave yourself.

·
Registered
21 Posts
They might but I’m figuring they’ll just repair it. The all of about 15 min or so I got to shoot it, it was fun, accurate for sure !!!
Man what a pisser. I've had mine over a month now and keep spending money like it grows on trees on the damn thing. My front sight is crooked, came from the factory that way, kinda sucks so today I ordered the Red Lion Precision front sight, $92 after shipping and will put a Truglo Tritium Front Sight post. I tried a reflex sight but I have astigmitism in my eyes and that does not work with those sights. It's fun playing with it and one day I guess the "project" will be completed, we'll see. Wish you luck with Kel-Tec service.

Attachments

·
Registered
712 Posts
Looks like someone didn't torque down the screws. Little consolation to you though. It sucks, but they'll make it right. You could have too, but why should you when it's under warranty? As already mentioned it's a PITA to take apart and get back together.

Once you get it back you'll like it and KelTec service is really good. Can't tell you about turn around since it all depends on what's ahead of it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I found that my gun fits in a computer case with just the end of the barrel sticking out about an inch.If you didn't know a gun was in there it looks like I'm carrying a laptop. But hey I hope it gets fixed quick. What other upgrades did you purchase and why? I held back to see how things went. The only mod I did was drilling the peep sight out to 1/8th inch, much better. Oh yeah I also ordered a sling off Amazon with two rings that attach to the rail front and rear. Behave yourself.
It’s more like, “What Mcarbo Upgrades Didn’t I buy”, Which is the screws and pins and QD Sling mount. I really pretty much got everything else they made for the sub 2000.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts