Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago I broke down and shelled out $279 + tax for a Hard Chrome P3AT.

Anyways, finally yesterday I got made time to go out and give it a try with some different ammos to see how it would work.

Mind you all I did was remove it from the packaging and clean and lube it.

I had no problems with any hollowpoint ammo I shot.  It was 100% reliable.  Included: Federal Classic, Winchester SuperX, Georga Arms Gold dot, and Speer Gold Dot

I had only a slight problem with WWB not wanting to feed the first round out of a mag if I loaded the mag up. I would presume this is because of the blunt nose on the bullet.  I would venture to guess some polishing would take care of this, however I could care less because I'm going to shoot Georga Arms canned heat for practice and it's a round nosed bullet and should feed ok.

Just thought I'd let you all know how well my experience was right out of the box.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
jdeere_man said:
About a month ago I broke down and shelled out $279 + tax for a Hard Chrome P3AT.
I love really like hard chrome P-3ATs. All of my hard chrome P-3ATs have a matching extractor spring but your spring appears to be black (blued) or is that an optical illusion?

Wilson – who’s an inquisitive sole [smiley=engel017.gif]

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wilson said:
[quote author=jdeere_man link=1188685579/0#0 date=1188685579]About a month ago I broke down and shelled out $279 + tax for a Hard Chrome P3AT.
I love really like hard chrome P-3ATs. All of my hard chrome P-3ATs have a matching extractor spring but your spring appears to be black (blued) or is that an optical illusion?

Wilson – who’s an inquisitive sole  [smiley=engel017.gif]
[/quote]

It does have the chrome extractor spring, it's just the lighting that makes it look that way.

I love it, got holsters on order. Now see what you've done. They say the internet's free, but it's only costing me more money!!!

I might even eventually have to make me up a kt avatar to fit in around here, but don't be fooled, this kt will never replace my main carry gun my current avatar. I'd say it makes a great companion though!

Overall I'm extremely impressed (after all the stuff I read) that mine worked great out of the box. Further evidence I'm glad I went with the HC. (Although honestly I'd rather have an all black gun.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.