New HC P3AT Range Report

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by jdeere_man, Sep 1, 2007.

1. jdeere_man

jdeere_man New Member

Jun 2, 2007
    About a month ago I broke down and shelled out $279 + tax for a Hard Chrome P3AT.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anyways, finally yesterday I got made time to go out and give it a try with some different ammos to see how it would work.

Mind you all I did was remove it from the packaging and clean and lube it.

I had no problems with any hollowpoint ammo I shot.  It was 100% reliable.  Included: Federal Classic, Winchester SuperX, Georga Arms Gold dot, and Speer Gold Dot

I had only a slight problem with WWB not wanting to feed the first round out of a mag if I loaded the mag up. I would presume this is because of the blunt nose on the bullet.  I would venture to guess some polishing would take care of this, however I could care less because I'm going to shoot Georga Arms canned heat for practice and it's a round nosed bullet and should feed ok.

Just thought I'd let you all know how well my experience was right out of the box.

2. Wilson

Wilson New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    I love really like hard chrome P-3ATs. All of my hard chrome P-3ATs have a matching extractor spring but your spring appears to be black (blued) or is that an optical illusion?

Wilson – who’s an inquisitive sole [smiley=engel017.gif]

3. jdeere_man

jdeere_man New Member

Jun 2, 2007
    I love really like hard chrome P-3ATs. All of my hard chrome P-3ATs have a matching extractor spring but your spring appears to be black (blued) or is that an optical illusion?

Wilson – who’s an inquisitive sole  [smiley=engel017.gif]
    [/quote]

It does have the chrome extractor spring, it's just the lighting that makes it look that way.

I love it, got holsters on order. Now see what you've done. They say the internet's free, but it's only costing me more money!!!

I might even eventually have to make me up a kt avatar to fit in around here, but don't be fooled, this kt will never replace my main carry gun my current avatar. I'd say it makes a great companion though!

Overall I'm extremely impressed (after all the stuff I read) that mine worked great out of the box. Further evidence I'm glad I went with the HC. (Although honestly I'd rather have an all black gun.)

4. keltec-NK

keltec-NK New Member

May 23, 2007
    ditto with my new P3-AT...last weekend...no jams...and great fun :cool: